Long shot question

Sid

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone here know what error code h02 on a Panasonic dvd-s35 means.Panny web support hasn't helped and I can't find a proper Panny forum to post to. When I insert a dvd it just shuts off. I'm stumped.Thanks...Sid

Well did the h02 search and yep,I'm screwed..lol..Less then a year old too. What can you recommend for under $200. I don't mind using Ebay if that helps.If anyone else has a Panny out there this seems to be a big problem...Sid

Thats an H02 error which means a problem with the spindle motor OR optical pickup.

Which one? Well the problem is the H02 error is for the pickup BUT it will give you an H02 error code because it wont turn on unless the spindle motor works. I think the code for the motor is actually H07 but the error code for the pickup takes priority on the display. Most likely its the motor. To find a Parts List for Model DVDS35 go here: Panasonic Parts

Click on to Buy Parts and Accessories on the left side of the page. When the next page comes up type in: DVDS35 in CAPITOL LETTERS where it says Model Number in purple letters on the right hand side of the page.

Then you will see a parts list that will have:

RXQ1016A SPINDLE MOTOR ***'Y $29.88

RAF3023A OPTICAL PICK UP $81.16

Once you take the players top off and if you are handy I think youll figure it out. Some people have just manually turned the spindle with a disc in the player while the top is off and have had it come back to life. If so I would clean it with canned air and apply some oil in a few spots that look like they get lubricated. People run into these problems with wearing out the motor when they constantly use the pause button instead of just using stop. Good luck.Todays technology is a fasten-ating thing. You constantly have to fasten "this" to "that" and fasten "that" to "this" to get any of it to work.

Hey! I had to leave with a joke. I've got my reputation to look out for. LOOK OUT! he he he he