New HERESY II speakers for sale.

tcb

If Klipsch was still using "cane" just a year ago,and the copper logos, can anyone tell me why they could not or would not sell me the same for an old pair I restored.I wanted complete grills,not just the material.

I also remember a thread some time ago when people close to Klipsch said the supply had run out.If it is once again available,please clue me in.

Thank You,

The Troll

I thought I remembered Mario (aaron 1608) from his previous post entitled "Any subwoofer for Heresy?" here in Two Cannel Audio.Mario must be one of those Canadian Friends of ours.Seems I got quite the lecture for gouging forum members with regards to my asking price.Are Canadians exempt thanks to lower prescription costs or am I just paranoid? 9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Analogman

From what Klipsch tells me the grills are actually a little larger on the Heresy II. When I spoke with the Klipsch part dept. a few months ago about this, they said that new Heresy II grills would overlap the cabinet a bit if they were used on the Heresy I.

Thank you,Piranha,

Yes,that is what I have been told as well.My 1984 Heresy(s) and my 1985 IIs will both accept identical grills.So I guess the question is did the dimensions change occur prior to late Is early IIs or is the latest incarnation larger still? The people at Klipsch were helpful,but didn't seem sure on this.

Thanks Again,

Analogman

Guest Anonymous

Analogman , 4 yrs a go I brought a set new Heresy II(Y2K) from my klipsch dealer + a set of new cabinets minus drivers and crossovers for a set of 86 Heresy II that over the years from many overseas moves had gotten pretty banged up, grills fit perfectly in the Y2K Cabs...Tony

Guest Anonymous

one more note...just swithched grills 86 to Y2k and Y2K to 86 no problem...one more thing one of the old 86 HeresyII was a 85 model with the round cup speaker connector and I ended up buying new crossover connectors and new woofers like the Y2Ks...2.gif Tony

My '72s are 15 1/2 x 21 1/2 (outside edges). The edges (when they had them - now they're decorator with no grills) were 3/4 of an inch around which would make the grill 14 x 20 max. They did not have removable grills at that time.

What size are the IIs?

Hallwalker and Garymd,

Thank you for the input.The motor board and thus grill "opening" on my IIs and original Heresy both measure 14"X20".It's sounding like I have the current production dimensions.Hallwalker,would you mind measuring your 2000 grills for me so I can be certain before I order? Does anyone know for sure about the cane material?Thank you Gentlemen!

Analogman

P.S.(Garymd)

Did you have a chance to read the post by Jimmy Earl James before they pulled the thread 1.gif

Guest Anonymous

Guys had me real curious so I did another switch Y2K Heresy grill to 73 Heresy and the fit is perfect... guess the grills are all the same one fits all....Tony

----------------

On 3/8/2004 7:35:13 PM Hallwalker wrote:

Guys had me real curious so I did another switch Y2K Heresy grill to 73 Heresy and the fit is perfect... guess the grills are all the same one fits all....Tony
----------------

So Klipsch parts is misinformed? The new Heresy II grills will fit my 77 & 84's? Hmmm????

----------------

On 3/8/2004 2:52:47 PM analogman wrote:

If Klipsch was still using "cane" just a year ago,and the copper logos, can anyone tell me why they could not or would not sell me the same for an old pair I restored.I wanted complete grills,not just the material.

I also remember a thread some time ago when people close to Klipsch said the supply had run out.If it is once again available,please clue me in.

Thank You,

The Troll

----------------

The grills in the pic are light brown not cane. I think the lighting just makes them look like cane.

Mario,

Tell the buyerl; new Black HeresyII gills are stil available from Klipsch for only $35 ea. shipped.