Banana Plugs

vandec54

----------------

On 3/13/2004 1:24:28 PM T2K wrote:

I have tried many of those bananas from Parts Express and the quality is reflected in their price. Some are useless, to me. I personally would buy good plugs or use bare wire. Of course, everyone has their priorities I guess.

Keith----------------

i use phoenix gold plugs myself..... i've never tried the ones from parts express....

what plugs do you recommend keith?.....

preferably the locking variety..... i could use at least one pair of locking plugs on one of my amps....

----------------

On 3/13/2004 2:43:11 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

On 3/13/2004 1:24:28 PM T2K wrote:

I have tried many of those bananas from Parts Express and the quality is reflected in their price. Some are useless, to me. I personally would buy good plugs or use bare wire. Of course, everyone has their priorities I guess.

Keith----------------

i use phoenix gold plugs myself..... i've never tried the ones from parts express....

what plugs do you recommend keith?.....

preferably the locking variety..... i could use at least one pair of locking plugs on one of my amps....

----------------

Hey MM. The Phoenix Gold are really nice for the price, both in build quality and in use. I have a few laying here on my desk now, the box says "greater contact and pressure to the speaker cable for increased signal transfer". You can really cinch the screws down on the wire by hand, and they do not loosen. I use them at both the speaker and wall plate. No tools required.

The only locking bananas that I have used are the Monster X-Termintor II. Someone gave me 5 or so pairs. They are monsters. They have 2 sections that screw down. They require a spade on the wire end which slips over the banana and is tightened down. After inserting the banana you tighten it by hand with the rear section. Seems like overkill to me. They are a piece of work though, and not cheap. That is the only locking banana that I have any experience with.

As Doug said, at one time or the other, the best connector is no connector. I use them for convienence. Hope this helps.

Keith

----------------

On 3/13/2004 3:37:18 PM T2K wrote:

Hey MM. The Phoenix Gold are really nice for the price, both in build quality and in use. I have a few laying here on my desk now, the box says "greater contact and pressure to the speaker cable for increased signal transfer". You can really cinch the screws down on the wire by hand, and they do not loosen. I use them at both the speaker and wall plate. No tools required.

The only locking bananas that I have used are the Monster X-Termintor II. Someone gave me 5 or so pairs. They are monsters. They have 2 sections that screw down. They require a spade on the wire end which slips over the banana and is tightened down. After inserting the banana you tighten it by hand with the rear section. Seems like overkill to me. They are a piece of work though, and not cheap. That is the only locking banana that I have any experience with.

As Doug said, at one time or the other, the best connector is no connector. I use them for convienence. Hope this helps.

Keith

----------------

thanks for the info keith!!!

you are right about not being cheap! you can get them at parts express....$60 a pair

Part Number 185-190

----------------

On 3/13/2004 7:21:30 AM tripod wrote:

speakerrepair has those too. Are all the posts that distance apart, even on receivers?

They have them for about $3 each, or $2 each if you buy 20.

----------------

Only if they are 5 way....do they fit the doubel banana plug,..,.your reciever manual should say.... most are though