Heads-up! '67 K-horns in NorCal

gullahisland

Jims Khorns just happen to be Mahogany and that is my first choice because any other finish(except exotics of course, would not dare cover up rose or ebony)I would have to veneer(waf). So these Mahogany Horns are my first choice.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I do not hear back from my guy in Tracy within a couple hours(he is not timely at all when it comes to communication)with a 100% commitment, I will probably jump on these tonight. I will post as soon as I talk to the seller again and hear from the other guy or not.

Sorry Fini. Jim is the guy in Tracy with the Mahogany(i guess, cannot seem to get a hold of him, feels like this one is going sideways)Horns and Tim is the guy in Hercules(Craigslist)with the KB-WL's, should hear from him shortly. Hope this helps clear things up a tad2.gif.

Jim is the guy in Tracy with Mahogany K-horns. They've never been listed anywhere.

Jordan has been trying to purchase them for a couple of weeks now, but the seller is rather unresponsive. Jordan has also tried to purchase a couple of other K-horns, but has just missed them. He is now considering picking up the pair listed on Craigslist.

My recommendation is that he just go for it. Bird in the hand and all that.

We'll find out soon what happens.

I thought Marsha was buying your Corns.3.gif

Wow, ANOTHER pair of K-horns on the West coast. Why can't there be some more here at altitude?!? I know of at least one would-be buyer that would love a pair if they are within 4-6hrs of Denver. At any rate, yes, the '67s will have the Type A x-overs as Frz mentioned. I can vouch for their younger brothers, the '68s sound mahvelous! $2500 isn't too bad for the '67s, but may be a bit on the high side. Then again, if the '67s are mahogany, that might increase the price some. Mahogany would fit in perfect with my parent's furniture scheme!

Wow, Jordan, they look "swellegant!" Oh, yeah, and fini, see how Tim has put them in the corners of his room... you should try it no matter how proud you are of your newly dusted horns.

Now, Jordan, grab those babies and tuck 'em in the corner... don't be like fini and wait to build 4" thick Plexiglas false corners so he can visually feed his "Hornucopia of Sound" fetish.

Really good horns are hard to find... the guts can be restored for a price... but being assured that the veneer will be that gorgeous comes from raising the extra $500 that you (and your significant other) will never regret. -HornEd

PS: Ah the nostalgia of it all... next April 12th will make three years of posting on the Klipsch Forum. And those vintage '67 Khorns are only about 17 years younger than my first used Klipschorn which I acquired in 1954. There's a lot to be said for that vintage... as Mr. Paul's long-term friend, Tony Reed, will surely agree.

Ed, so you have an anniversary AND a marriage on the horizon eh? You are truly blessed. Well, I confirmed with Tim on the KB-WL's the minute I got his photos lastnight but have not heard back yet. After having a colonoscopy yesterday morning, sitting on pins and needles this morning is nothing 2.gif.

Of course, Ed's right. You shouln't buy them unless you have corners ready and waiting. Storage? Don't even think about it! Consider the Klipschorns' feelings (and Ed's). Obviously, there are more where mine came from. They must grow 'em on trees! This spell of hot weather has caused an early harvest...2.gif

Actually, they sound damn good even as they are. I'd heard tell of folks being disappointed with the bass output of a Klipschorn, even set up properly in corners. This hasn't been my experience. My socks should drop when they reach their final destination.