$600 Cornwalls in Topeka, KS

synthfreek

Thanks Synthfreek for the tip. I pick them up on sat. drove from Colorado Springs CO to pick them up. Just told the wife lets go and break in her new Dodge Dakota RT. The Cornwalls are 72 verts the finish code C-MR-15 Mahogany I think. They need to be refinished. So after I eat I will be starting to take them apart and sanding them down and see how they look. May oil them if they turn out good or may paint one black for the center. The best way would be to veneer Birch to match my 84 oiled Birch Cornwalls. But they are big for the first veneer job. It will also be modded some when its apart like new speaker wire and Dynamat the horns. Can't wait to hear the new system 84 Cornwall mains 72 Cornwall front and back with 85 Heresy sides for 6.1. May sell one vert Cornwall later and buy two more Cornwalls for a 7.1 system. But I need to work on a sub or new power amp for now.

KKTV-

Great score there! I had thought about calling Topeka on those, as that area was where I spent 5 years at KU. Glad they will be getting a good home. Will be interested in pics once they are ready for prime time. Just think, your Academy paid for those verts! Pretty amazing.