Attacks must stop!!!

Trey Cannon

• Klipsch Employees

Guy,

This is just the type of thing we have a problem with. You are a good forum member. We do not care if you own Klipsch product or not. You took what was said as being pointed at you. It was pointed at everyone that is involved with these personal attacks. I understand you were asking a question. However, you surely could have ask the question in a different way, A way not pointing at a specific member. (even if you felt like you were being pointed at) Consider your post as a good example of what NOT TO DO!

Craig,

We have no plans to give Adim to anyone but Klipsch. You have a good idea, and yes more moderation is needed. We all moderate this board on our own time, (for the most part). We do this because we like to hang with you folks. All we ask in return is that you all do not force us to act like a policeman.

We will be watching things closely. You may see post deleted. You may see members banned for a time. You may even see the forum shut down for a time. We will do what it takes to stop this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, maybe anarchy works! An eloquent gesture just before St. Paddy's Day. We are a cyber community... and like any community we are subject to the decay that happens when less than "self-restrained anarchy" prevails. To have a Klipsch employee censor every post made before it can appear is not a realistic approach. This Forum exists at the pleasure of Klipsch... and we will lose a great resource if it doesn't continue to be a pleasure where it counts most.

Klipsch is to be commended for permitting as much "well meaning anarchy" as they do... and, generally, Forum members need to be complemented on the "less flames per 1,000 posts" category... at least compared to other audio forums.

Personally, I don't have a problem with OT (Off Topic) posts especially when non-audio threads occur in the General Category. Finding out more about the people who post gives the Forum more depth and meaning... and also increases the likelihood of having better buying and selling opportunities between Forum friends.

As an aside, I would like the opportunity to filter out all the ProMedia topics on Today's Posts and have ProMedia folks filter out mainstream Klipsch topics if that is their wish... but that is a small consequence.

On the other hand, it is not fun to know that if you share your audio concepts with a newbie or old timer that you are likely to get the same heat from the same malcontent bent on making personally abusive remarks at every turn. It turned me off on this Forum before... and may turn me off of this Forum again. However, I cannot hold my favorite speaker company responsible for any Forum member's abusive mind set... but I do appreciate the willingness of Klipsch moderators to take drastic action when we Forum members allow ourselves to get so far out of control. -HornEd, 11.gif RFAR (Recovering Flaming Audio Rhetoretician)