New LaScalas

So I wonder into my local audio shop the other day looking for a used pair of Lascalas or Cornwalls. Lo and behold there were a new pair or black Lascalas. The temptation was too much to bear and I purchased them. I was wondering that Klipsch speakers require a break in period like some others do. Some others like Magnepans take a long time to come to life. They do seem to sound better each time I play them.

There is no definitive answer, but I have come to believe that there IS a break-in period required to smooth things out. It seems to vary but after 72 hours total playing time, you should start to hear a difference.

This subject is basically opinions only... I have never heard of any empirical testing on the matter...

DM

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the new La Scala's. A burn in period? Perhaps they sound like they are loosening up, but these babies sing right out of the gate. I agree you are just noticing more how truly wonderful they sound. I have had mine for 20 years and will more than likely be buried with them. Once again congrats on the new acquisition.

Welcome! Dan. Walked right in and stepped into Heritage! They may take twenty five or thirty years to break in properly so be prepared for a long romance.2.gif

Seriously, there will be a loosening up period as the caps break-in and the drivers get used to working and it keeps getting better and better!

What upstream components are you using? How about some pictures of your new Kids?

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick

I actually have two systems. One with Mcintosh and Magnepan components and one with the Lascalas and a yammie 3000 reciever. I have a sunfire sub connected with the Lascalas but find that I use it less and less with the new speakers. I have considered using a seperate power amp with the Lascalas and using the receiver as a preamp. I also notice that the new speakers can be biamped. I was wondering it anyone has had experence with this. I replaced a pair of Heresys when getting the Lascalas. One more thing. I found that the new set up sounds better in two channel than in DTS or Dolby surround. Hmmm. thanks dan

Congratulations Dan,

I don't know if I'd bother to biamp these, IMO it isn't neccessary unless you have need for more uummpphh (sp?) and even then I'm not sure it would do anything for you. If you have a reasonably powerful amp it shouldn't be an issue with the Lascala's.

I've had Mac gear on my scala's and they seem to love it, a very good mesh. That would be my first move if I were you. It's good to have options.

Enjoy, Randy