Strange Speakers on Ebay

Mike Frankel

----------------

On 3/19/2004 7:21:45 PM RFinco wrote:

By the way: AWSOME CHOICE ON TIMEPIECES!! oris are soo nice-simple elegant incredible overall (I'm a watch guy, and this is one of my favorite brands) my next watch that I want --ORIS TT1

----------------

Thanks! Oris is a good watch, and a bargain as automatic Swiss watches go. They use the same ETA movements found in more costly brands (and often, the more costly watches are QUARTZ!) Automatic watches are an illogical passion - - a $20 Timex quartz will keep better time than the most expensive mechanical watch on the planet. But a Timex has no 'soul'. I have a BC-3 stainless with the mineral glass back. I enjoy watching the balance wheel 'do its thing' - I've always liked 'mechanical' things IF I hadn't bought all this Klipsch stuff in the last 3 months, I would have purchased the new Oris TT1 Divers in stainless with a blue face. It looks simply stunning.

----------------

On 3/20/2004 3:28:02 AM wheelman wrote:

Walmart real cheap and they have solid colors that's all i care. Rfinco you know of any good knockoff watches? I was checking out Tag years ago. I never could afford a watch i really liked so i never bought one.

----------------

well..they're not "knockoffs" though they do look quite a bit like rolexes....

INVICTA---a really really nice watch for the price. They look great, quite functional--nice and "solid" for what you pay for them, I challenge someone to find a better product for the pricepoint....

I've had success with this company--

www.miamiwatch.com

don't let the cheesy website fool you--they've got great prices, and are very competent.

I also like this company as well:

www.4abnet.com

the invicta "speedway" for 120.00 bucks is a fantastic watch and a DEAD RINGER for the ROLEX "daytona" which will set you back around 9k. I've had jewlers accross a counter ask me where I got my DAYTONA from, as they are hard to find in the white face/stainless combination. I then took it off and showed it to them--stateing--its not a rolex, and it only cost me 110.00 bucks. Invicta did this on purpose...hehe....

Any of the INVICTA watches are quite nice--easy on the eyes and wallet.

especially their skeletonized mechanical automatics--see through face and movements for under 250 bucks. UNHEARD OF.

GOOD BRANDS--all under the price of a TAG(new TAGs are ugly anyway....)

ORIS (classic style, will never be outdated--just a wonderful company...)

XEMEX (very unique designs)

MOVADO

OMEGA

INVICTA (best rolex-look alikes out there...)

SWISS ARMY (their new designs-chronos are quite nice)

TENO

BULOVA (if you like the tag look--these are very similar in style)

There are more of course but those are some of the ones I really like....

Thanks Rfinco. I am very familier with invicta i used to have c band satellite and they would auction them off on a free feed that sold watches all the time. I miss that station. Checking out all those cool watches was nice and learning the history of them and the older ones was really neat. They really knew how to sell them.

We all know that Rolex is a great watch I had a broker once who paid $250 for a copy and the elapse time ring kept coming off and it didnt keep accurate time for $250, he couldnt gotten a really good watch, but he was more concerned with the show, NOT the reality, we all know that Klipsch is good loudspeakersgood enough to copy!

2.gif

----------------

On 3/19/2004 6:09:19 PM J.4knee wrote:

"That's Klipsh, not Klipsch"

Try again look at your URL its Klipsch

----------------

Yeah, I know where we are 2.gif

The reference was to the sellers details, just so you know and for the records. 9.gif

I still remember the Episode of Knots Landing;

the Mother and Son are leaving the house, and he says" Hey mom look at my $15,000 Rolex". The Mom stops dead in her tracks and asks - Well, what time is it?.....he tells her the time, and then the camera pans down as she looks at her watch, and states " Funny thats the same time on my 19.95 Timex"..................

----------------

On 3/21/2004 9:08:01 AM Bill H. wrote:

I still remember the Episode of Knots Landing;

the Mother and Son are leaving the house, and he says" Hey mom look at my $15,000 Rolex". The Mom stops dead in her tracks and asks - Well, what time is it?.....he tells her the time, and then the camera pans down as she looks at her watch, and states " Funny thats the same time on my 19.95 Timex"..................

----------------

Yeah it's more the love of fine craftsmanship and history. It's kind of nice to own a watch that doesn't take a battery. The only watch i own is a timex and i havent wore it in ten years. That's pretty much the last time i wore a watch. I am interested in watches though and always have been since i was a child i would tear them apart and never get them back together right.1.gif