White bookshelves anytime soon?

yromj

That may seem kind of silly until you think about this. A lot of people, myself included, are using bookshelves for HT. I was originally planning on using 4 RB-25s and an RC-25 'til I was told by the wife that I wasn't putting "that big black thing" on the wall. (It would have been directly in the line of sight when you first walked into the house.) I brought home a pair of white RS-25s just to "try" and she informed me that those were the ones that were staying.

However, if the RB-25s would have been available in white, I could have my ideal HT. Has anybody heard if Klipsch may be considering this?

John

Be very carefull with the white. Use white gloves to pick them up. Also if you get dust on them do not i repeat do not wipe them with a damp cloth. You will get a darker charcoal looking stain instead of a barely noticable brown dust. I think the white looks great but man its down right rediculous how they can't take a damp cloth. I still have to purchase some stain remover i will let people no how it works out when i can afford some. I spent all my money on the surrounds.LOL

----------------

On 3/22/2004 5:30:04 PM Bill H. wrote:

yromj,

Not be a smart Aleck, but have you considered maybe buying some Used RB 25's and just Painting them? (I know-horrors of horrors), Just an Idea that would get You the speakers and improve the WAF............... Good Luck.
----------------

Bill,

The thought of painting some speakers went thru my head for about 0.3 seconds. The main factor in not considering it is the grills. I really don't think anything short of acquiring some white grills from Klipsch would make them look good and I assumed that Klipsch doesn't have white grills for the RB-25s.

Also, this is all in the past because now I'm using the RS-25s and they sound pretty good. Personally, I think the RB-25s would sound better, but it's probably not worth the hassle. In fact I'm going to get another RS-25 to use for the 6th channel when I upgrade my receiver.

John

----------------

On 3/24/2004 12:32:26 AM kenratboy wrote:

Buy while grill cloth and have your wife put them on the grill frames? Make it a team effort, and if they look bad, its not all your fault
9.gif
----------------

It may not be all my fault, but that doesn't mean I won't catch all the flak!

John

----------------

On 3/25/2004 12:09:50 AM wheelman wrote:

I got some oxiclean for carpet going to give it a try tonight. If that fail they look pretty nice without the grills black and white contrast looks nice.
----------------

I agree w/ that. My RS-25s look good w/o the grills. I also like the fact that the white grills let the copper show through.

John

----------------

On 3/25/2004 12:15:39 AM yromj wrote:

----------------

On 3/25/2004 12:09:50 AM wheelman wrote:

I got some oxiclean for carpet going to give it a try tonight. If that fail they look pretty nice without the grills black and white contrast looks nice.
----------------

I agree w/ that. My RS-25s look good w/o the grills. I also like the fact that the white grills let the copper show through.

John

----------------

Dude as we speak the stain is dissapearing. Way cool! Invest in oxyclean for the future.