Lost my sub-woofer

dmac

I had to travel on business last week. Thanks to my wife, I've come home to a system that doesn't deliver any sound thru the sub-woofer while watching DVDs. System still delivers signal to sub-woofer while listening to CDs.

Denon AVR-1804, Klipsch RW-10 for sub-woofer. In general I use Neo6 cinema mode for DVD viewing. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Check the manual volume level on your rw10, maybe your wife doesn't like bass, and turned it down. Other than that and your receiver settings, I'd say it sounds like maybe a circuit in your receiver went bad. Since your 2 ch. music would travel through a different processing circuit than your 6 ch. movies. Find a dvd that has both dts and dd options, and listen to it with both in a part that has some bass. If your sub comes to life in DD but not in dts, or vise versa, you've got receiver trouble. I own the 1804 and have never experienced anything of this sort. Sorry, I'm drawing a blank.15.gif

One more thing... to be using neo6, that means you must not have an optical or digital coaxial cable running from your dvd player to your receiver. (so I'm assuming you use rca cables) I would highly suggest getting a digital interconect as what you are receiving now is not true surround sound, but rather it is being compiled by your receiver. Perhaps, your reciver is not interpreting the signal from your source as having the extra .1 channel (the sub in a 5/6.1 setup). Try getting a digital interconnect and see if that helps at all.

OK - I've learned a little more. When my video input is DVD, sub-woofer signal is sent when the Mode = Direct, or 5 CH Stereo. Dolby & Neo6 are not driving any signal to sub-woofer. I'm probably wrong, but it sems to me that this is differnt from before.

To clarify the conversation: I'm not fully geared up for complete surround sound ($ needed for kid's tuition, 2.gif). I have L, R, Center & sub.

Also, I do have a digital coax from DVD player to receiver. This negates Neo6 mode? Please educate me on what the digital interconnect provides.

Forgive my HT ignorance. I originally upgraded my gear to improve my listening experience for music audio. The DVD is an extra bonus that I did not expect to enjoy as much as I have.

For easier way to try is it working..... connect something to sub's line in directly then run it in it's individual system

throw something like bass running cd so lesser variable that will be

check the settings on the sub too, like turn the crossover in higher like 120Hz to make sure the sub's amp/woofer not dead

How do you have the sub hooked up? With a sub (rca) cable?

You may have different settings for different listening modes. Maybe the sub is turned off, or the Level is all the way down for the dts Neo6 mode.

In other words, check your Settings for the individual listening modes.

As someone touched on, there is probably no need to use Neo6 if you are hooked up digitally, just put it on the standard mode (probably ProLogic II) and let the receiver switch to Dolby or dts when it needs to.

Also make sure your surrounds are turned off in the set-up menu.