Van Halen Tour Coming...

Joe Shmoe

Well, as it turns out I still do get Howard Stern locally, seems maybe it's a shorter broadcast though?

Anyway today he called up Sammy Hagar to ask about the Van Halen reunion. Seems last time Sammy was on Howards show he stated that he never would go back with them, unless he was in dire need for money. Well apparently he was just pissed at the time (who can blame him) SO he said that's all water under the bridge and they plan to tour. Eddie's battle with cancer is ok I guess, Sammy said he's doing fine and seems like it was no concern. Dave is out of the picture still and they will not be playing anything by Dave.

I had to laugh, Howard was saying Sammy is like a battered housewife who keeps going back for more..LOL Sammy insists everything is great and as soon as they started to jam together again things felt good.

I've always felt that Sammy was 100% the perfect replacement for DLR. However I always preferred the Van Halen sound with Dave. HOWEVER I don't blame Sammy by any means, I just think Eddy changed is style or guitar sound to something that was different. I like the stuff with sammy, I think he melted in great with Van Halen... Eddy just changed his style.

At any rate, I'm very happy to see the boys back together. In my opinion the greatest rock and roll band in the history of man kind. thumb.gif

Oohhhhh hot damn... Here's a thought. Maybe they will do a concert DVD.

I WANT MY DAVE TV! 9.gif

BILLBOARD MUSIC NEWS:

Frankie Valli(Lead Singer for The Four Seasons)is going from singing hits to carrying them out, while David Lee Roth is playing cards with the mob. Both artists will become part of the fabric of HBO's "The Sopranos" on *Sunday (March 28)*

Roth, meanwhile, will be in a scene playing poker with family boss Tony Soprano and his consigliere Silvio Dante, who is portrayed by another rocker, E Street Band guitarist "Little Steven" Van Zandt. One of his lines is You know 20 years ago Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his Iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen

While Roth's appearance is a cameo, Valli will become a regular character beginning with this week's episode. The singer actually read for a part on the show four years ago, but it wasn't right for him. Valli says it appears his character will survive to the next season, but one never knows. He says if that happens, he can go back to singing, possibly recording a jazz album.

----------------

On 3/27/2004 2:06:07 PM BBB wrote:

I WANT MY DAVE TV!
9.gif

Roth, meanwhile, will be in a scene playing poker with family boss Tony Soprano and his consigliere Silvio Dante, who is portrayed by another rocker, E Street Band guitarist "Little Steven" Van Zandt. One of his lines is “You know 20 years ago Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his Iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen”

----------------

I saw an article about that a couple weeks ago in Rolling Stone, I think. I don't think Dave is actually going to say that line in the show, I think that was him in an interview about the show. Should be cool, though.