Do you guys normally leave your sub on all the time?

Hensley300

Ive got an RW-10. I keep all my components hooked up to a nice panamax1000 surge that is on all the time but I keep my components turned off so, when I wanna listen to music, i just hit the power button like usual but the sub isnt like that. Its hooked up to the surge protector also but since its on all the time, the subamp is too. Is this good or bad? should I only turn it on when I use it which is about everyday or every other day?

The RW subwoofers have a selectable 'standby' mode for the amplifier. Flip the toggle power switch to 'Auto'. After 10-15 minutes without sensing a bass signal, the amp will then turn off, indicated by the green led changing color to red. When it senses a bass signal stronger than a whisper, the subwoofer will switch back on again.

NO...

Any time something is left on it cost me money. When the HT is shut off everything has all the lights are out. leaving things in the standy mode is a waste of $$$$$ that can be put towards things I want and not needlessly given to the electricity providers pockets.

Even a quarter a month means they will get an extra $3 plus taxes from my laziness. hell with the cost of living in massachusetts every penny is valued.

Living in great weather central massachusetts we are subjected to lightning storms and frequent blown transformers from ice. In standby the subs amp could become a victim of a power surge. Flipping the power switch to off provides an isolation to such an occurence.

----------------

On 3/26/2004 7:20:31 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Even a quarter a month means they will get an extra $3 plus taxes from my laziness. hell with the cost of living in massachusetts every penny is valued.

Living in great weather central massachusetts we are subjected to lightning storms and frequent blown transformers from ice. In standby the subs amp could become a victim of a power surge. Flipping the power switch to off provides an isolation to such an occurence.

----------------

flip your breaker then or un plug it....hehehehe