Best Wire's for RF-7's & RC-7???

slowjoe24

What is the best place to get good wires for my set-up? I'm running the RF-7's &RC-7. I do not want to spend a fortune on the "BEST" wires, just what will do me good? I thought I remembered somebody getting some good wire at Home Depot or Lowe's? True?

Any help? Thanks, Joe

Joe... I'm no expert on wire, I got my information on this subject from the AVIA Home Theater DVD... On that DVD they tell you just what you are doing.... Don't spend gobs of money on speaker wire. I'm not saying that's good or bad advice coming from them but rather thats what they say2.gif Yes, home depot has some 12g.

#12 minimum for normal runs for fronts...would be fine....IMO

I found some #10 real cheap online.....and works for me.....

Ya might wanna read soem older threads on speaker wires and bi wiring etc etc to get more info....

Good luck....

Not to open another biwiring debate, but I have to spew forth what little I know on the subject. It seems to me that even though the two sets of posts are dividing the signal, usually one set to the woofers and one set to the tweets, it's STILL the same amount of power coming down the pipe, so I just don't get the advantage. BiAMPING, I can definitely see the benefit. I mean, with one wire, the crossover in the speaker itself is dividing the power between the two anyway, right? Okay, I'm done now. :)

As far as gauge goes, 12 is more than enough for any run you're setting up at home and I definitely do not subscribe to the theory that more expensive wire is better wire.

----------------

On 3/29/2004 11:14:27 PM Underhanded Penguin wrote:

You can look at biwiring as more bandwidth. Two cables is thicker than one cable. And generally speaking, the thicker the cable the better. That's how I see it anyhow.
----------------

U.P.,

Electrically speaking that is the correct way to look at it. The two sets of posts on the back of the speaker are still wired to the same cross-over inside the speaker. Therefore, the signal is not being split until it gets to the cross-overs regardless of bi-wiring. Bi-wiring reduces electrical resistance, period.

John

For quality speaker wire check Home Depot etc. You can also check out http://www.partsexpress.com. They have quality stuff for reasonable prices. 12ga. is probably the best bang for the buck. Anything beyond that is overkill for any runs less than ~100'. (Even at that length 12ga. would probably suffice.)

You can also find some quality banana plugs etc. there as well.

John