El Cheapo boomy sub needed? I think so.

Erukian

Well the klipsch SWS has come and gone with its $99 price tag. So now i still need a super cheap powered subwoofer.

Right now the Ultra sub designed by Klipsch's refrence team works great for music. I really don't need more bass in music. But games are a little lacking imho.

If you throw the Z-680 Multimedia sub against the Ultra the Z-680 is tuned higher and stuff like car engines in games are being pumped out the sub on the z-680 where my sattelites on the ultra's are handling all that bass. when im flooring a viper i'd like to feel it not just hear it =/

So I guess what i'm asking for is a boomy sub. Something i can turn on when I want to get some exploding bass. The SWS sub had a VERY attractive price tag and had some awesome bang for the buck but it's gone so I came here hoping I could get some recommendations. I'm not a total noob, I do know a bit about speakers/how they work/theory etc. I'm just not steeped in what brands are more boomy (higher tuned) than others. If I could capture the sound of the z-680 as an add-on sub that I could turn off for music and on for games/movies then that would be super kick-*** for my audio needs.

Looking forward to some help, thanks.

edit. dont flame me telling me to go to the promedia forums. I know you guys know of cheap boomy subs, hook me up with the links baby!

the polk's a 40hz to 200hz sub. Sounds like it could be pretty boomy. honestly a LITTLE cheaper couldnt hurt, but that price is okay. I'm still going to use my ultra sub for games, i just need something that accentuates the upper range that the ultra sub doesnt. ie the range that'll make the sub go boom whenever an explosion happens.

You should just buy that new sub that sony released for around $200 (Might be cheaper, I don't remember. Its dual 10" with 200w amp. Yes I know its Sony, but I couldn't believe how serious the drivers looked for being such a cheap product, I mean..I was shocked rofl. It was certaintly FAR better then that WA-40 POS thing was (or whatever it was called).

It will get up there in the boomy area if ya needed it too.