emf shielding...

Johnny TN

I know about www.lessemf.com are there any other good sites to pick up some shielding..

want to shield my tv from the lascala's a little better and make a custom center out of k77 and k55/k400 materials..perferable something I can wrap around the drivers...

thanks,

J

I too am interested in this topic and was hoping you'd get a few more bites on this. My plans are to get a third La Scala and split it into two with the Squawker/tweeter box above my set and the Bass Bin below and the sheilding solution is of great interest to me.

You need to install bucking magnets on the rear of the magnetic structure. They are normal magnets, smaller in size that are atatched with like poles together ( north to north ). The magnets will try to fight each other ( repel ) when you try to put them together. They must be glued in place, 5 minute epoxy works great for this job. Call Klipsch @ 1-800-klipsch for info on how large a magnet you need for each of the drivers.

Why not just try and find a Pro La Scala top section it is so much easier than trying to hack the top off a regular La Scala. Check with musician centers and stores online and in your area. Here is a link to the one that I just bought. I am going to remove the feet, repaint it, I already bought a grill from Klipsch for it and it works great. When I got it, it was missing the midrange driver but Jim Cornell hooked me up. It is up and running now and sounds great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47094&item=3710772721

----------------

On 3/31/2004 10:38:17 AM J.4knee wrote:

I too am interested in this topic and was hoping you'd get a few more bites on this. My plans are to get a third La Scala and split it into two with the Squawker/tweeter box above my set and the Bass Bin below and the sheilding solution is of great interest to me.

----------------

I already have all the parts..k77,k55,k400 and a couple 8 inch woofer. I am not going to use the bass section from a lascala..just mid and tweet for my center channel. Need to just build a custom box and shield it properly.