do i need a doctor?

Ceedog

In the midst of a thunder storm the power went off for just a second and came right back on. When i turned my receiver back on i had to turn it up way beyond what i normaly do to get the same volume level. Did it take a hit from a spike or something.There is next to no bass and and my system sounds like crap.

Is something like this excluded from manufacturers waranty? I am using a surge protector but it is one of those inexpensive, colorful little monster deals that you get from best buy.

Integra DTR 7.1

KLF-30 mains

KLF-c7 center

cheap blose surrounds

Sony DVP S560D

Panasonic PT51G

Did you have to program any setting on your Receiver?

they coould have lost with the breif loss of power

I'm no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! sorry I couldn't resist!

------------------

Thanks J

KLF 30 Mains

C7 Center

8.5 rears

Yamaha RX-V995

Toshiba SD-1600 DVD

Pioneer CLD-S201 LD

Pioneer PD-M53 CD

Sony 32 inch TV

no subs till house built

This message has been edited by JTS8 on 07-03-2001 at 10:31 PM

I know you are looking for words of encouragement, but I think there is a problem is the result of a power spike. Probably happened when the power went back on. Manufacturer warrantees ONLY cover manufacturer defects. Electrical, thief, misuse, and power surges are NEVER covered unless you purchase that extended warrantee that must people refuse because spending another $100 after spending $1000 is the end of the world. OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPs sorry to diverse. Some questions...How long have you had it? Is it still on warrantee? You mentioned you had a Monster power supply. What kind? Does it offer equipment replaced in the event of failure?

Try to go into your dealer and purchase an extended service contract. I think as long as your receiver is on warrantee, you can purchase them. A couple of days later bring in that puppy and say something is wrong.... DONT MENTION THE POWER SURGE!!! They will most like fix it at no charge. I have an $80 Monster supply conditioner and I do not trust it. I want one of those rack system supplies that cost $400. I always unplug my system in storms. Am I crazy? Well MR. Ceedog what do you think? This reallys sucks and I feel your pain...Really man...good luck.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

JMON that is a good idea. I never thought of that. I think that is a great place to start.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

Guest BobG

djk, while that may be good advice for someone with a knowledge of electronics, it probably is not great advice in this situation. I would never suggest any body try to fix their own ac powered products. Please have your receiver checked out by a qualified repair technician. If you are qualified, then djk may be on the right track. Be very careful and certainly make sure the receiver has been unplugged at least overnight before opening.

quote:

Originally posted by forresthump:

DJK, that's the 1st info from you i can understand. pedant

At work I get paid to pay attention to minutiae.You guys get to be bored to death by me for free.