Should I get Forte' 1's or RF-15's??

robertl

Hello,

I'm trying to decide between a mint in the box never used pair of Forte's 1's for $550 includes shipping or a pair of brand new Rf-15 floorstanding speakers for around $500. I'll be using a Fisher 500C tube receiver. The speakers mentioned will be my only 2 main speakers used,in a small 10x12 room converted into a listening room.I do have enough floor space for the Forte' . I have been told the older Klipsch speakers tend to have bass fluctuations and placement can be difficult. With the Forte' speakers I don't have a whole of room to move them around in,but I can place them 1-2 1/2 feet away from the wall. With the Rf-15's I believe placement isn't a problem.

Which speakers should I go for the Forte' 1's or Rf-15's? The Rf-35's are over my budget.

Thanks for all advice in advance. This will be a big purchase for me.

Cheers,

Robert

To stay within your budget the Fortes would serve you better IMHO. I think that you will want a sub-woofer if you go with the RF-15s and won't feel the need for one with the Fortes. In their frequency range the RF- 15s have great clearity and combined with a good sub, which would cost as much as or more than the mains would be excellent. You may loose a little in the placement issues with the Fortes, compared to their absolute full potential, but life is a series of decisions and tradeoffs.

Rick

----------------

On 4/3/2004 8:58:46 AM robertl wrote:

... a mint in the box never used pair of Forte's 1's for $550 includes shipping.

----------------

That is a steal of a deal. Speakers as big as Fortes don't always do well in shipping however. The original boxes that came from Klipsch were not really made to hold up to any rough handling. (at about 65lbs/speaker)

I have the RF-3's and a pair of Fortes. I use the RF's for home theater and the Fortes for music. I love the Fortes so much I am thinking about moving the Fortes to the home theater, selling the RF's and looking for Cornwalls for music.

I say get the Fortes.

• Like 1