DT Supercube 1

larrymaher

I am in the market for a small subwoofer.

I had a SVS PB2 Plus but was too large in size for the front of my room. I am considering a Sunfire Signature (pricey), a Definitive Technology Supercube (either the 10" or 12" version), or possibly waiting for a SVS "NEW" offering which Tom said they were developing.

I like the idea of a 12-16" square cube.

Any idea how the Def. Tech supercube compare to the sunfires? or the SVS?

thanks for the help.

First start looking at the chart,as you see the Super Cube I and II perform poorly for their size,yes I know there is a Sunfire in there and itsa piss poor 100dB.Well Tom Nousaine should wake up and test real Sunfires like the Signature and Mark IV.

The Junior was replaced by the Super Junior that is capable of a solid 3dB more output!And the Super Junior is bested by at least 4dB by the Mark IV.After you have the Signature that bests the Mark IV by 6dB's.

The Signature would fit in the top part of this list NO DOUBT.in fact the Sunfire Signature can stand toe to toe with the definitive Supercube!A subwoofer MUCH MUCH larger that claims to be the best in the world(yeah right they never heard of Earthquake,Revel,SVS and Krell).

Definitive adds and brochures are very B0$e like in their hype.

If you want two solid micro subs take a look at the real leaders that is Sunfire(by Bob carver)and Velodyne,forget the mee too immitators and stick a fork in them.

The PB2 is a pretty huge sub for most people, and I can understand wanting something smaller. But expect to be faced with some compromises if you move to a micro sub... but a much higher WAF.

Although not considered a micro sub, I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Klipsch RSW12 which actually falls into your size range... as well as the new Paradigm Seismic units? If you are will to live with a slightly larger unit, there are actually many more subs to choose from including the RSW15 (19x18x24).

Rob