Heresy II Crossover Schematic

sjmikeb

I have been searching the message board, and I have seen references in the posts, but I have not yet actually found a schematic for the Heresy II Crossovers. I just recently purchased a pair of 85 vintage Heresy(s), and I am planning on tweaking the crossovers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, the schematic looks very similar to what I have although the inductor and capacitor values are a bit different as well as the fact there is no resistor in the network. However, I am looking at a spare crossover that came with the speakers.

The large cap is a bipolar with a value of 68 uF. The inductors are 2.5 and .16 mH. I have not measured the small film caps, so I am not sure of their values.

I am a bit confused with all the different versions of crossover networks I have read about in the posts with respect to Heresy (I and II) speakers.

Can anyone advise me which revision I likely have? Further, what is the factory spec'd DCR of the inductors?

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 4/21/2004 2:28:12 PM STL wrote:

It is very likely the 3504 (which sounds like it could be a universal transformer #) is just another name for the T7A. I know a 3507 is a T8A.

----------------

So whose universal #'s are these? Can they be ordered somewhere other than Klipsch Part Dept?

Universal Transformer used to make the of autoformers for Klipsch. Actually looking back at past emails, it looks like UT stopped building them for Klipsch after the T5A model (at that point I think production moved overseas). Your best bet would be to talk to Klipsch and get the specs on the T7A then talk with BEC and see about getting another model made. I believe he already has contacts at UT and can more easily get a new production run started. He has already offered to do this -- see the followling thread:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=48231