Multidisc CD player recommendation needed

greg928gts

My dad wants a nice sounding CD player and he wants a 5 disc carousel unit. Is there anything out there like the Phillips DVD 963SA unit that is multidisc?

How about the elcheapo DVD players that were mentioned in a post here a few weeks ago? They were supposed to sound great. Any of those multidisc?

Greg

If he is used to your digital front end it will be hard to make him happy on the cheap.

I just picked up a Onkyo 6 disc changer ar Circuit City for $ 200. Coaxial digital output.

If you add a Link II from E bay for $ 200.

it would be the best you could get for $ 400.

++++++++++++

There is also a Harmon Kardon changer I have never heard for around $ 300. BUT it has Burr Brown DAC in it.

----------------

On 4/10/2004 11:23:04 PM whell wrote:

An Adcom GCD 700 can be found used these days for about $200 - $250. Great sounding multi disc player. Check Audiogon.com.
----------------

I have an Adcom GCD 700 that has very few hours on it. It has been shelved for 4 or 5 years.

How does $100.00 sound? You pay freight.

Oh hell...... Send me some money to pack it, pay the freight and it is yours.

But beware: .........To quote Mr. Klipsch....."don't give it away...throw it away"

Terry

----------------

On 4/11/2004 7:04:11 PM greg928s4 wrote:

I'm wondering if there's anything like the new breed of DVD/CD/SACD players that are coming out that hold 5 or 6 discs.

Greg

----------------

Sony NC-685v. 5 disc dvd/cd/sacd player. Very nice IMO.

For me, now that I've heard the results first hand, the CD Upsampling feature is critical for any future player that I'd pick up. I've not seen this feature much on anything other than Philips players, but I'm sure that someone will jump in here if there is another manufacturer including this feature on their players.

I am aware that Sherwood Newcastle is including a CD upsampling feature on their new Home Theater Pre/Pro.

Greg: That Phillips unit caught my attemtion. It includes the upsampling feature, and would be an interesting replacement to my current multi disk CD player. I would be very curious to do a side by side comparison and see what the results would be between that unit with upsampling and my pricer (at least when I bought it in 2000) Adcom GCD 700.

Mike