R35 and HK avr7200 Please tell me asap if I shouldn't

Hard 21

I'm gonna do it if ya'll don't convince me otherwise.

Now, I don't guess I can use a walkman to hear CD's can I?

What cd player, and cables, and whatnot's do I need to bring these home and start listning to music? I have a TV and a DVD/VCR, but no separate CD player.

----------------

On 4/13/2004 3:26:42 PM ygmn wrote:

your DVD player should play CDs.....heck I have not seen one yet that won't...

Good luck

----------------

Cool. I don't suppose when I buy the package that all the necessary cables and other little things that I might need that I know nothing about will come with it? So what attachments and stuff do I need to have ready?

----------------

On 4/13/2004 3:44:03 PM Hard 21 wrote:

----------------

On 4/13/2004 3:26:42 PM ygmn wrote:

your DVD player should play CDs.....heck I have not seen one yet that won't...

Good luck

----------------

Cool. I don't suppose when I buy the package that all the necessary cables and other little things that I might need that I know nothing about will come with it? So what attachments and stuff do I need to have ready?

----------------

Some do and some do not.....read the packages...most that do have cables supply low end stuff...but it will work for most except those desiring the true AUDIOPHILE sound....which ya have to have good ears for...

at most you will need interconnect cables...for everything....

your DVD player might have DIGITAL out....which could be a optical cable or a plain PAIR of RCA wires....

For first time the Best thing to do is this...

Get all them packages home...open them up...and read them manuals....the manuals will have diagrams as to how to hokk them up to various things....

The receiver will have the most extensive diagrams....

READ the MANUALs...

then make a skecth of the components you are hooking up...and write on the sketch the particular type of interconnect you will need per this diagram...

then take inventory of what you have ...and then decide what you need to buy....

Good luck

----------------

Some do and some do not.....read the packages...most that do have cables supply low end stuff...but it will work for most except those desiring the true AUDIOPHILE sound....which ya have to have good ears for...

at most you will need interconnect cables...for everything....

your DVD player might have DIGITAL out....which could be a optical cable or a plain PAIR of RCA wires....

For first time the Best thing to do is this...

Get all them packages home...open them up...and read them manuals....the manuals will have diagrams as to how to hokk them up to various things....

The receiver will have the most extensive diagrams....

READ the MANUALs...

then make a skecth of the components you are hooking up...and write on the sketch the particular type of interconnect you will need per this diagram...

then take inventory of what you have ...and then decide what you need to buy....

Good luck

----------------

I don't think you understand. I want to here them right now and I don't even have them yet. How bad do you think I'm gonna be once I have them sitting in my house.

Just kidding about the advice. Thanks for the info.

To answer one of you questions, yes a walkman will work with the proper adapter cable going from a stereo mini plug to rca males. I have tested amps when the only source I had was an am/fm thing about the size of a zippo lighter that ran off one aa battery and was made for ear buds. Not the best sound in the world but yes, it is possible.