My new boom box

3dzapper

I bought a nonworking set of Promedia 2.1s on ebay for $26 with the idea of making a bedroom system from the components. First I Dynamatted the satillites and installed binding posts. Next I'll install binding posts on the sub and drive it from a Technics AV reciever with a built in 100watt sub amp. Right now I'm listening to Miles Davis on this set-up I'm FLOORED!!!!14.gif The sound out of these little buggers is so clear and accurate it's amazing! I just may keep them set up in the main room with the sub just to spoof non-believers and get another set for the bedroom.

Boombox.jpg

Rick

post-12829-13819253989856_thumb.jpg

"Accurate? As compared to what?"

Infinity small speakers,and within the limited response range, Kg4.5s,or KG1.2s. I might even go so far as to say that between 150hz and the limits of my hearing they are almost as good as the Heresys. Don't get me wrong the Kgs and Heresys sound "bigger" and have better presence but, I guess I was amazed by the fact that the "Klipsch Sound" was still in that little package.

Remember, I made some changes to them from stock and also I am not listening to them on that pc board amp that comes with them or a computer CD player. The source is a good Yamaha player and a modded Jolida 302b in triode mode.

With that set-up they were able to fill the house with nice sound. My wife upstairs in the bedroom (sneaking a smoke!) was suprised when I told her which speakers were playing.

Rick

We all know the 2.1s aren't in the same league as anything in the Reference Series...Regardless, the ProMedias are still quite good for what they are. I'd love to hear this particular setup! Damn, if only my soundcard had a vacuum tube output, I'd love to hear my 2.1s driven through tubes!

Enjoy your new boom box!4.gif