Are the RS-3's being discontinued?

erdric

I'm about to upgrade my ss-1's to the rs-3's. I've called around to a number of Tweeter's and all the stores are out or have very low stock. In addition, the price has dropped recently. Are the RS-7's replacing them or are the two going to co-exist?

Just curious.

I did the same at Tweeter. Very big difference. The main difference is no difference. Meaning all the speakers blend. The sound fills the room and with the settings right, you dont hear individual speakers, just great even sound all around the room.

What other Reference models do you have?

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony TC-WE425 Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Rear (Just upgraded the SS-1)

Bensilb,

This is my first reference line purchase. My current setup consists of a pair of Kg-4 mains, SC-1 center and now the RS-3's. I'd like to upgrade the center soon but I'm unsure what I'd get. The Academy and the KV-3 would be the match for the Kg-4's. I suppose that it'll be a used version of one of those. I'd like to try an RC-3 but I'm not sure if it would be a good match the Kg's. I really love my Kg's so I'm not looking to upgrade the mains unless something goes horribly wrong. Upgrading to the entire Reference line IS a rather tempting thought though. I thought that the SS-1's were pretty good. I'm really shocked at what the RS-3's are producing.

Before you buy a center to match the KG-4's, borrow a pair of Reference mains and compare them at home to the KG-4's. This may (or may not) affect your system planning. 'Twould be a shame to buy a center to match the 4's then decide to change them.