Sealing Klipschorns into corners

bdc

Does anyone have any pictures of Klipschorns that have the stuff required to seal them to the corner? I've searched the forum and there are a lot of threads about how to do it, however, I have not seen a picture of the rear of a K-horn with the sealing attached to it. It's hard to picture what it looks like without a visual image.

On a related note, how much of a difference does sealing them into the wall make? Does it make the bass go lower on the K-horn? What else does it do?

Do you have any window or door moldings that keeps them from sliding all the way into the corner? That might require some extra work either to make them slide back in, or build out the wall to form a flat surface for the bass horn's last stage to function at its best.

Larry

I was referring to the rubber gaskets or weather proofing items that people attach to the tailboard (or other places) of the Khorns to place them snugly into the corners. I would like to see a few pics of Khorns with this done to them.

bdc,

No pics, but I used rubber stairtread material that comes in rolls, & cut-off the lip that runs along one edge. It's very heavy, & the width I used lets about 2" hang over each side of the tailboard (the rearmost vertical board at the back of the speaker) for a good seal. Just staple it.

SSH

I will say a night and day difference. Those that did not have any seal before will probably also agree. They will find a great solid bottom end if sealed. I will say this also. A guy here in Indy took his K horns into a non Klipsch store to be sold. He Sold them to the dealer for 600 for the pair.. (bluebook value) He had them in the room yep you guessed it about three feet out from the rear wall pointing forward slightly toed in.

I thought the dealer should have been shot for not explaining that these very much needed to go into the corners and not out into the "AIRY" room. And I am sure made a nice commision on the re sale on their 600 investment too. Stories like this make me ill.