looking to match a pair of heresy's

bigyank

Heresys definitely need a sub although they arent particularly difficult to match. They roll off very early (-3db at 65Hz?) so you will need a sub that can reach up pretty high.

Most subs have a hard time with the lowest frequencies (given the excursion require to reproduce the lowest notes) but do pretty well on the upper regions... so even a sub that doesnt reach very low will still make your Heresys sound much better. I used my Herseys for many years in two channel system with a sealed sub with very pleasing results. Which sub is best for you will obviously depend one budget, size/performance ratio that your prefer.

When I upgraded to Cornwalls... I realised my sub, which did well with the Heresys, would not keep up with the Cornwalls improved efficiency and better bass response.

Hope its of some help...

Rob

I'm sure you realise the Sunfire and SVS subwoofers are entirely different subs for different uses. Sunfire balances its compromises with SIZE as it's main design criteria while SVS is built around Price/Performance ratio.

I too prefer the price/performance ratio, but I also have an understanding girlfriend. In any case, you will love your Heresys with a sub I don't know how someone can do without one?

Rob

----------------

On 4/19/2004 3:01:14 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

I have changed my mind and I am now thinking about getting an SVS.
----------------

Well Taylor - If you can get out to St. Chuck you can hear my SVS 20-39pci. It is a tube, but representative of their quality and sound. It is an excellent choice....

----------------

On 4/19/2004 3:29:24 PM hwatkins wrote:

----------------

On 4/19/2004 3:01:14 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

I have changed my mind and I am now thinking about getting an SVS.
----------------

Well Taylor - If you can get out to St. Chuck you can hear my SVS 20-39pci. It is a tube, but representative of their quality and sound. It is an excellent choice....

----------------

By St. Chuck do you mean St. Charles?

Hey guys:

I ordered an SVS 20-39 PCI on Monday from SVS, and it's due here tomorrow (yippie)!!! I am driving a set of Forte's on my HT (not as bass-shy as Heresy, but still need some "oomph"). With all the good press I have heard/read on SVS, I took the plunge. I will review it after the weekend. Can't wait!

Popbumper3.gif