Which Monster subwoofer cable?

keith turned me on to them & i do love my AR 25ft. s-video cable. use the monsterbass 400 for the sub cable though as i got it before the keith notice. cwm35.gif

works well though but was $59 from www.jandr.com

probably not much better if any then a radio shack gold

video cable that goes for around $10.

just make sure it's double shielded and only get the shortest length you need or may need in the near future. the shorter the less chance of picking up interference like hum.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

• 1 month later...

Keith - as respects Acoustic Research cables, which ones do you recommend? (I saw quite a few options at web site you mentioned).

I need to connect DVD player, Satellite receiver, sub woofer, TV via Denon 3802 receiver.

I pre-wired for 4 speakers and center with 12 gauge monster cable.

System consists of:

4 KLF 20's

c7 Center

KLH 12 Sub

Denon 3802

Toshiba 6200 DVD

Toshiba 65H80 TV

Appreciate your suggestions, as AR seems like it may be a good alternative to Monster. However, first time I've went about trying to wire a home theater system, so need all the help I can get.

davec,I could not find the AR sub cables listed on the A4L site.Looks like they removed them.As mentioned above I replaced a Monster M351 sub cable with an AR HT152 12' sub cable.I noticed a big improvement with the AR over the Monster.Don't know why.I personally am not a big fan of Monster Cable.The absolute best advice I could give you for your entire system is to use AudioQuest Sidewinder interconnects for your components and your subwoofer.They are available as "Y" cables for use with your sub or anywhere you need to split a line level signal.They are actually cheaper than Monster Cable.I use them myself.Call Audio Advisor and tell them what components you have and ask what they recommend.Then do the research and decide for yourself.I think the Sidewinder would be a great interconnect for your speakers and electronics. If you find the sound is too bright,return the interconnects and try Straight Wire "Chorus".See www.audioadvisor.com .You have some great pieces there.

Don't join them with junk.I wish the best of luck to you.Let me know if I can help you further.

Keith

EDIT: One more thing.When you talk to Audio Advisor ask them if they still have the AudioQuest "SLATE" speaker cable in bulk for $3.00 foot.Get some and bi-wire those KLF20's.See your Klipsch owners manual for Klipsch's comments about bi-wiring.You will get various

opinions regarding my recommendations.After spending several thousand dollars on the great equipment you have it would be a shame not to realize its true potential by trying to save less than $200.When finished you will able to guage your success by the length that you buddies jaw's drop when you crank-it-up.

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 08-13-2001 at 05:18 PM