TV for Home Theater?

Kain

KAiN64,well just to give you some kind of an answer:

I have a Sony 53"XBR RP that I bought in 1995.At that time it yielded a fantastic picture.It still looks great.I'm sure the advancements since then have been great.A family member just bought a Sony 36"XBR Wega. The picture is film-like.No hint of a scan line.If I were to buy a TV of any brand at the present,I personally would not waste any time looking.I'd just go and buy a 32" or 36" XBR Wega.They're that good.

Of course your room size and screen size preference comes into play.The only problem I'd have with the above is that I really like the BIG picture.It would be hard to go back to a smaller screen size.Viewing distance should be considered.Figure screen size needs to be 1/3 to 1/4 viewing distance(ie. viewing distance 12'/screen size 36" to 48").And RP picture quality is by no means shabby these days.Go check them out for yourself.Good luck to ya!

cwm39.gif

Keith

I have the Sony 36" wega and I love it!!

My father has the 36" xbr wega even BETTER!!!

Big screens are great, but I much prefer direct view!

------------------

Sony 333ES Receiver

Sony 36" Wega

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd

Klipsch RP-5s Front

Klipsch RC-3 Center

Klipsch KSB1.1 Rears

Boston 10" sub

Hughes DD Sat Receiver

All i gotta say is, 52" projection or 32" Wega for the same price. It was NO problem for me to decide. I still LOVE my projection! But to each his own... When i go over to my friends house where he has a Wega, i just can't believe that that tiny little thing cost MORE than my projection. They've gotten a lot better than they used to be. I've never had a problem with seeing the picture except from extream angles that you would never watch from anyway. I'll never go back!

Actually, it's kinda funny when you get one home, for like a month i would sit down "Goddamn that's a big tv!" I love it when people come over too - "Oh my god! That things huge!"

Why, thank you... cwm35.gif

Oh yea, Gran Tourismo on projection - Da Best! :D Can't wait for GT3 to get here!!!

-Rich