Are you a console or PC gamer?

Tweek

I'm a PC gamer, but a do own a PS2, hardly ever use it though I only wanted it for GT3 and the Tony Hawk series, got it for Christmas 2003 with the online bundle, i'm waiting for GT4 which was set back again and is now expected to be released November 14th. The only thing i use it for right now is its DVD player.

----------------

On 4/26/2004 11:04:09 AM pinipig523 wrote:

i wonder if my pc can handle it... mwahahaha... will do... thanks!
2.gif

----------------

Nope, sorry, Athlons and ATI's can't hack it. You'll need to 'upgrade' to P4 and GeForce. 2.gif

On my budget, I'm an xbox gamer, only because I can't keep up with the pc market and because high speed internet is too expensive. The xbox is easy to take to lan parties, and I play online at my friend's house. I would definately be a pc gamer if I could.

You know you've played too much HALO when...

-You start tossing frags in the bathroom to clear it before you enter

-you go out and buy the halo special edition xbox the day it comes out for 20 dollars more than the normal one just because it is green and has halo stamped on the front and you already have a normal one at home!

-there is an xbox in your car with its own copy of halo

-you try to make a warthog out of legos

-know how to pronounce Mjolnir

9.gif

----------------

On 4/24/2004 6:17:42 PM Tweek wrote:

I'm a PC gamer, but a do own a PS2, hardly ever use it though I only wanted it for GT3 and the Tony Hawk series, got it for Christmas 2003 with the online bundle, i'm waiting for GT4 which was set back again and is now expected to be released November 14th. The only thing i use it for right now is its DVD player.

----------------

pc

Console all the way. WAAAY more quality games. Also, I get to sit on the couch and rock the Klipsch ;).

Plus I can't see spending loads of cash to keep up with the requirements for PC games...Console developers can actually optimize code and utilize the hardware to the fullest...what a concept.

i'm actaully getting more and more out of PC gaming, i used to be a really big first person shooter player, but it seems that all the new games coming out are just repeats of older games with better graphics, my next PC is gonna be an Apple PowerBook 15" G4 1.5GHz (or G5 depending on when thats gonna come out) and i'm sure i wont be doing any gaming on that, and i dont really feel like upgrading my desktop PC with the latest and greatest video cards and cpu's since i will hardly be using it anymore when i get the notebook and i will have freedom to roam the house with wireless networking

i'm definately a pc gamer but i do dabble in console gaming as well. to be exact i own a PS2. i grew up as console gamer (started on the coleco-vision and the atari 2600) but when i gained sufficient IQ i got into computers and computer games.

i'll always keep a console game nearby because i prefer car-sims on the consoles (gran turismo and the like) than the pc ones and i love rpg's made by square-soft. (final fantasy!! wooohoo!!!)

thos those that own a PS2: has anyone ever bought that Linux kit for the ps2?

how is it?

I just turned into a consol gamer with the purchase of an Xbox Halo edition and a high definition output kit for it. I really like to sit on the couch and see the game on the big screen with the klipsch speakers going.

Once my 90 day warranty expires, or maybe sooner, I might buy one of the mod chips with the legal Cromwell bios so I can switch the Xbox into Linux mode and use it as a HDTV slideshow machine. I'd prefer to sit on the couch and look at my jpegs than hunch over the computer.

My current DVD player will display jpegs. It does pretty well, but the picture quality is much less than what the TV is capable of.

I am a former console maniac but these days all my conoles gather dust(I own the PS,PS2,NES,SNES,N64, GameCube,Genesis,Genesis CD,Dreamcast,X-Box,TB16,TurboDuo and NeoGeo conoles!...LOL all gathering...dust now)...oh yes plus I have an Atari jaguar and an used up old GameBoy and the Atari portable! 14.gif

At one time I had over 480 retail games!Now Only the ebst remain,round 200 only.

PC is the way,with a powerful PC you blast any conole to pieces.Right now I have over 300 retail PC games!All manuals...boxes ...the works.