Broken/damaged 10" woofer on RF-7

upmiller98

I have a pair of RF-7's that I've had for about a year now. Yesterday, one of my roommates accidentally dropped his keys (don't ask how) down between the protective grill and the speaker itself. The keys hit the bottom 10" woofer and poked two dents in it. This isn't really affecting the sound at all but for you RF-7 owners out there, you can understand why this is a problem.

I've gathered that i can call 800-KLIPSCH on Monday, which i will do. However,

1. Has anyone had to replace a 10" woofer in a RF-7 before? If so, how much did it cost, how hard was it to do?

2. Does anyone know of a place that sells the RF-7 Individually (not in pairs) for a cheap price?

3. Does anyone out there looking for a singe RF-7 (Maple) to buy?

THanks.

One of our forum members (Dean) replaced his RF-7 driver from Klipsch due to a similar accident. He paid 190.00 for the driver from Klipsch, IIRC.

The driver itself should not be difficult to change. I think it's simply a matter of removing the front screws and lifting the driver from the cabinet, then removing the leads.....then reinstalling it would be the reverse procedure.

If there are other considerations, Klipsch should be aware of them - maybe Dean will see this and chime in here.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 2:44:30 PM upmiller98 wrote:

DO you have Dean's email address?

----------------

here is who you want to contact to get a new woofer email: parts@klipsch.com that will get you klipsch's parts department. Order a new woofer. that will be a lot cheaper then replacing the whole speaker. I got one from them for my KLF-20's. My woofer had a rip in from the dust cap all the way out to the surround and i have no idea how it got there. I was on a deployment though when it happened.

I called the parts department this morning. I can get a new one shipped for $161 out the door. Not bad!

I talked with their Tech Dept for a while and it sounds like installation is easy, no soldering or anything like that. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

that sucks dude, one question how delicate are the klipsch woofers compared to regular woofers. I was the one a while back to post the worst klipsch rf7 woofer damage but i took the picture at a store and I do not own them. I am thinking about saving up to purchase rf-7 but I also attend coolege and do not want easily damaged woofers.... stupid people