New THX "Bounty" Trailer

Katarn32

Has anyone seen the new THX trailer yet? There aren't any THX certified theaters in Phoenix, AZ anymore that I know of (and none show up on the THX website) so I can't see it anywhere and I'd really like to. I know there USED to be THX certified theaters here... but I think they just stopped bothering or something. Even the newest one isn't as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, People.

I'm fairly new to the Klipsch world and have been browsing around the forums for the past few weeks and came across this thread. I know of a link that has a few DD, DTS, .WMV, and other type trailers that you can watch. Unfortunately, I didn't see any THX ones.

The DD and DTS files are in a .VOB format which can be played on your DVD player. Well, at least they can be played on my computer's DVD player. I haven't burned them to a CD to try and play them in my HT DVD player yet, but I will try it this weekend and see what happens. If they do play correctly, I'll be pretty geeked about that because then I can have a nice mix of audio trailers to please the ears - if they play in true DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

Well, here's the link: http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3

If any of you get to try the CD in your HT DVD player first, let me know what happens.

You're welcome, m00n.

I'm glad I could share that with you guys. If I come across any THX trailer sites, I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, I burned the files to a CD and my DVD player just reads No Audio on the display. So, I'm guessing that they have to be burned on to a DVD in order for the clips to be read properly. So, I'm going to ask a friend of mine to burn them on his DVD burner. I'll let you know what happens.

AngryOrb

Bumping. I read somewhere that if you have a non IE download manager, it can cause problems downloading. Thing is though, I'm not using any other DL manager. What am I doing wrong? Anyone here succeeded in downloading the THX/DTS/DD trailers?

----------------

On 5/19/2004 4:43:31 AM Marshal wrote:

Bumping. I read somewhere that if you have a non IE download manager, it can cause problems downloading. Thing is though, I'm not using any other DL manager. What am I doing wrong? Anyone here succeeded in downloading the THX/DTS/DD trailers?

----------------

Marshal,

I was able to download them on Friday afternoon. I'm not sure what may be happening when you're trying to download them, but you need to follow the image link to a second page that describes the trailer (i.e. gives running time, file size, download name) and click on the floppy (save) icon/link. I hope this helps.

AngryOrb

7.gif

I read somewhere that THX pulled all its Trailers (vob files) from websites. You can still get the Dolby Trailers though. I've downloaded a couple of dts trailers, and they were 5.1, but they were encoded with DOLBY???!!!

Anyway, if anyone is interested, email or PM me and I can make you a (DVD) disc with all the THX/Dolby/DTS trailers.

AngryOrb:

Yes, I followed the link to the other page where it gave that info. That's where I attempted both right & left clicking with no success. The official THX site is the same way. You have to be an official distributor, production company or whatever to be able to download. The "Bounty" trailer has been removed from their site as of late April apparently. I did succeed in dloading a couple of trailers, "Canyon" and "Rain" somewhere else in low res, but after all the work and searching have decided the content wasn't worth all the hard work in finding it. Y---a---w---n!

Marshal:

Sorry about the problems. I don't know. Something must be going on with their site then. You're right though, the problems and content might not be worth the hassle. But it would be cool to have a DVD disc that had them all on there... just for fun - and if they were all encoded properly.

toddVJ:

So, if I can't get my buddy to make me a disc, I may just end up asking you to make one for me, todd.

9.gif

AngryOrb

7.gif

Speaking of downloading trailers, does anyone know where I can download High Definition trailers OTHER THAN the ones at the Windows Media website? I've got all the WMV HD stuff from that site, along with the WMV HD DVDs currently available like T2 Extreme, Coral Reef Adventure and Step Into Liquid.

Would like to find another site. Yes, I know about Atom Films already. Got a few there too.

I was at Best Buy recently and saw a Hi-Def trailer there(among many others)of Tahiti & Bora Bora shot in HD. I've been to VOOM, HDNet, and Discovery Channel HD site, and none of them have trailers, much to my disappointment. I'd love to have that Tahiti trailer in HD. Throw in some island girls and I'd be real happy. 1.gif