Take a gander at this!! My "new" KG 5.5s!!!!!!!

chops

Got the KG 5.5s hooked up and running fullrange.

I've played several different CDs already, including the new Diana Krall cd, (which isn't very good if you ask me), and these speakers sound great with everything I put through them.

I just got done watching the last Matrix movie as well. These loudspeakers really do put out some excellent bass, even at high volume levels!!!

BTW, these TracTrix tweeters are much smoother than the ones in the KG 3.2s, by a long shot!

DSCN4447.jpg

Congrats!. Thought you would hear a difference. Still interested in a a/b comparison after you 've played with them for a while. Also, where'd you get the tv stand and how much. I'm running out of room for my gear.

LOL!!!! Thanks NOSValves! 9.gif

Thebes, I actually got that rack off of eBay new. But here's the site of the guy who builds them. He will even build racks to your specs. In fact, sometime down the road, I'm gonna have him build me a custom matching amp rack for my Aragon. It's just that I keep forgetting about it! 3.gif

Anyway, here's the link.....

http://www.adonacorporation.com/

BTW, how in the heck do you get these links to be clickable instead of cut & paste?!?!?!

Here's a few pictures of some things I noticed about these two KG 5.5s yesterday while I had them apart cleaning them up a bit.

Pictures 1 and 2 show a small phase plug in one of the tweeters and not one in the other.....

DSCN4444.jpg

DSCN4445.jpg

Pictures 3 and 4 show two different crossovers in each one.....

DSCN4429.jpg

DSCN4430.jpg

Pictures 2 and 3 above are from S/N 008797790

Pictures 1 and 4 are from S/N 241498136

Does anyone know what years these were built by looking at the S/N's? Funny thing is, eventhough they have different crossovers and one tweeter missing the phase plug, I really can't hear that much of a difference, but would like to make them equal partners. 1.gif

That's funny when I recently got my 5.2's one of the tweeters was also missing a phase plug. I could see the leftover glue but no plug so this must happen a lot.

Called Klipsch parts and they will only sell me a whole tweeter, not the plug.

Re the crossover do a search at upper right hand corner on 5.5's. One fellow here did new crossovers for these and he was also amazed that there are two different crossovers in the same speakers. By the way he has a parts list and schematics if you want to upgrade yours. He says he liked the way his turned out.

Thanks for the info on the rack.

----------------

On 5/3/2004 7:16:06 PM chops wrote:

Pictures 2 and 3 above are from S/N

Pictures 1 and 4 are from S/N

Does anyone know what years these were built by looking at the S/N's? Funny thing is, eventhough they have different crossovers and one tweeter missing the phase plug, I really can't hear that much of a difference, but would like to make them equal partners.
1.gif

----------------

The speaker in pics 2 & 3 was made on the 8th day of 1997.

The speaker in pics 1 & 4 was made on the 241st day of 1994.

You can verify those dates here http://www.progressive-engineering.com/klipsch/klipsch_date_codes.htm

----------------

On 5/4/2004 2:19:15 AM gpbusa wrote:

----------------

On 5/3/2004 7:16:06 PM chops wrote:

Pictures 2 and 3 above are from S/N

Pictures 1 and 4 are from S/N

Does anyone know what years these were built by looking at the S/N's? Funny thing is, eventhough they have different crossovers and one tweeter missing the phase plug, I really can't hear that much of a difference, but would like to make them equal partners.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif">

----------------

The speaker in pics 2 & 3 was made on the 8th day of 1997.

The speaker in pics 1 & 4 was made on the 241st day of 1994.

You can verify those dates here

----------------

Hey, thanks!

Three year difference?! That's crazy. I wonder how that could have happened.

Especially when the seller said he bought them brand new from Sound Advice about 7 years ago...somethin' smells fishy, and I suspect the seller was full of BS! But he was a nice enough fellow, and these Klipsch rock, so no damage done IMO!