RB-75

dem

OK, Here is the question. If setup consist of RB-75 fronts, RC-7, two RS-7, two RCR-5's in the rear and a Sunfire Signature Sub., will I be happy with the RB-75's in 2-channel mode? As intended with most music CDs, will I be happy listening here? DVD's shouldn't be a problem. Any input or ideas?

I think if you can use your sub in two-channel mode, you should be quite satisfied; otherwise, it depends on how bass-hungry you are.

I do like Dean's suggestion, though. The notion of three RC-7's accross the front has even tempted me.

OK, The RC-7 is rear ported. Bass extension problems with the RC-7 without

proper clearances? The RB-75's will be on BOOKSHELFS @14". The RC-7 will be in a cabinet, although this one is 14"H X 66"W X 28"D.

More opinions?

What about Sunfire True Signiture EQ or Solitaire 12"?

I somewhat disagree. RB-75s can sound good for two channel, but under the right circumstances. Like everything, it depends.

What do you plan on running for amplification? It you plan on running separates; you may get by nicely with running RB-75s in two channel and a decent sub. When initially demoing various separates, I took a RB-75 and my RC-7 around and listened to the speakers in two-channel only. While the RC-7 was somewhat superior, the RB-75 did surprisingly well, even running on "large" and often, without a sub. However, all of that testing involved a RB-75 on sturdy, filled stands (as mine currently are, used as surrounds). Of course, I do not mean to imply for one second that they can keep up with any of the bigger boys. 1.gif They just do surprisingly well for their size.

In your situation, one negative might be their placement on bookshelfs. You may not get the fullest sound out of them. As for amplification, I played around with my RB-75s, back in receiver days, but I just was not able to get alot of the fullness and punch out of them.

Just my two cents worth.