I Love my new Bose.....

PYRO

...Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones.

- Lowered overall engine noise to a tolerable level.

- The headphones improved the listening pleasure of movies and music.

- With no music playing I could easily hear converstations from the other side of the plane, scarey.

No I will not be purchasing Bose for the house, Klipsch has that department nailed.

RP

You know, as much as I like to trash on Bose sometimes, I'll admit, those noise-cancelling headphones are nice. My father has a pair and they do indeed work. Musically, they actually sound quite good with decent clarity and detail as well as bass presence. Would be an interesting comparison to something such as the Sennheiser HD-600s, though. It does seem that with thier headphones, some of Bose's grandios claims do ring with some truth.

Now, I would not be caught dead with a Bose LifeStyle setup in my house, though. Way to much money for what your getting, in my opinion. Now, if they were a 10th of the price, than it would be a decent deal.

HD-600's and the Bose sound cancelling headphones can not be compared in terms of sound quality...the bose just won't have a chance. I have heard them and wasn't so impressed with the sound quality (compared to my HD-600's). If it were me I would have gotten either the senn cancelling model or etymotic ER-4S's, which are more portable, provide excellent isolation (23 db), and sound better...plus they just aren't made by Bose, which is always a plus, not to mention about 80$ cheaper at www.headphone.com 14.gif

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=0020100000

The Entomonyics (SP?) are a MUCH better investment, and block quite a bit more noise, as they are 23 DB rated (yes--thats the same noise blocking rate of a maximum grade pair of industrial earplugs)

they are pricey--but they not only are incredible for noise blocking, but they also are audiophile quality.

the drawback is that they are earbuds.

www.headphone.com

check em out.

I think it's better that they're bugs, and yes they are audiophile quality, considerded by many to be some of the best sealed headphones you can get. They block 23 db of sound compared to the Bose 15 db (I believe that's what it is) which is more than a considerable amount. Because they're ear bugs if you were traveling with, say, an ipod you could just pocket both and be good to go, with phones like the bose you need a place to put them.

----------------

On 5/7/2004 4:10:16 PM prodj101 wrote:

HD-600's and the Bose sound cancelling headphones can not be compared in terms of sound quality...the bose just won't have a chance. I have heard them and wasn't so impressed with the sound quality (compared to my HD-600's). If it were me I would have gotten either the senn cancelling model or etymotic ER-4S's, which are more portable, provide excellent isolation (23 db), and sound better...plus they just aren't made by Bose, which is always a plus, not to mention about 80$ cheaper at www.headphone.com
14.gif

----------------

Just for interest, I found this on the "Enjoy The Music" website. It is a bit dated though, having been written in November 2001, but I imagine it still is quite relavent.

I certainly don't think the Bose is the best out there, but as far as Bose products go, it is certainly one of thier better product that is almost worth what you pay for them. It seems that plenty of folks that otherwise agree that Bose products, in general, are not anywhere near worth what they cost, but many do agree thier headphones are actually pretty good, although a bit lacking at times, as indicated in the linked article.

I haven't listened to the Etymotic ones, but from what I saw in that site, they look to be quite nice, even though I don't particularly care for ear-buds.

I have the series II model. I only did a comparison between the Bose and a $45 unknown brand of headphones. My only gripe besides the price is even with the airline arm chair volume turned all the way down, it is still uncomfortably loud to me. 5.gif