For Sale NOSValves Dynaco ST-70

Craig built this so he knows more than I but it's a restored unit that I found sounded better than my stock restored ST-70. This unit has a Triodelectronics driver board, all new parts on the board selected by Craig, and upgraded tubes to National Electronics 6CA7. The speaker connectors are banana plugs, and a few popular mods have been made.

It's tough to let this one go as stock ST-70's aren't cheap and this restoration would be costly in parts and labor. Buying it has a bundle already done is a great value.

Price $595 plus $40 towards packing and shipping (I'll cover the balance).

email: kjohnsonhp@comcast.net

I guess it is time for you to upgrade. What are you going to replace the ST-70 with?

Are those the standard tubes that come with the amp, or has it been changed to the current form? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the amp compared to other push-pull combinations?

Thanks for posting the listing here on the forum.

Don

Thanks Craig! I never did get the details on all the work you did but now I recall you were talking to Curcio.

I compared this amp to a stock ST-70 with new upgraded signal caps and was really impressed with the improvement.

I believe those tubes were an upgrade over the svetlana EL34's that I have as a backup.

I'm selling because I'm moving to a 5-channel multi-purpose amp with pre/pro which isn't necessarily an improvement in 2-channel amplification.

If I was sticking with pure 2-channel I would be keeping the Dynaco/curcio.

Put the amp on ebay and added some pics of wiring...check out Craig's work...nice stuff!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5700422260

I didn't think I would sell this one and have been tempted to mate with it the Blue Berry pre-amp but I need the funds for my multi-purpose pre/pro+MC amp pursuit....I know...2-channel rules, but....

I will be selling the Svetlana EL34 tubes and EICO by Mullard 12AX7 tubes as soon as I post them on ebay.

Man I was just looking at the pictures of all the work I did to that amp man that was a great price. I remember I sold it to get the money up for my Mark III's. I sold it below what I had into it especially since I spent 4-5 months tweaking it. The new owner is in for a treat.

Craig