sws/rsw-10

fordguy

i have like 5 sws hook to my 5.1 klipsch speakers has anyone tryed hooking a rsw-10 sub up cause the sws are gone i would like more bass with out all the subs anyone no of this if so how do u hook it to your pc someone that sell's the klipsch speaker's said you could do it anyone know how thanks1.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3.gif thanks alot nice drawing should i use my sub that are with the pm do you think this is to much sub thank you for the drawing anythink eles your could share with to point me were i need to be would help thanks you mike9.gif9.gif6.gif can i do anything with speakers i want a sys that blow's people's minds thanks9.gif6.gif

Hard to say, the rws-10 will sound better and tighter and may have less distortion. but the rws-10/12 and even the 15 drop pretty damn fast after 30hrz. I dont know what the specs are on the SWS for one has not really been benchmarked. Granted its a long way from an RWS-10, but 5 sws's is sure to blur your vision as my single sws+ultra already does when set up correctly.

----------------

On 5/12/2004 11:20:38 PM TheEliteOne wrote:

I don't get it though. If the sws link outputs a LFE signal..then wouldnt it work with any sub?

----------------

I'm sure it will work, I would use the SWS-link for any add on sub. Forget the passthu stuff, the SWS link will give you volume control of both subs with just the ultra control pod which is really nice imo.

also with the drawing and such made, umm i think that distortion and sound level will be effected doing it that way, the rca sws cable output is a better and cleaner way i believe? as the rca splitter reduces volume a bit and introduces more resistance as more cable and such is added but most likely non hearable but im not sure

the sws link is really just renamed for a lfe output, same as all those higher end recievers use to use output for the subwoofer. the lfe or low frequency effect just submit the low end frequencies, i.e. 120 hertz and below i think. I think klipsch named it sws link to try and get credit to sws. Trust me you can add a rw 10 to the sws, lfe output just fine

use the sws-link

that rws-10 wont be much lower then 5 sws's, the 5 sws;s will prolly play a 30 hrz tone even louder then the 10.

I would opt for the rws-12 if you want depth. the 10 is only a single 350 watt 10 with NO port, just a passive driver. the SWS's are 5 100 watts 8's with slot ports. very efficient subs. the rws-10 will sound better, but dont expect more bass, even in the low end of the spectrum, I recommend the 12.