I JUST CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT MICHAEL HURD OR THIS FORUM

picky

I have been a huge "cheerleader" of this forum ever since joining it and meeting fellow forum member Mike Hurd and his girlfriend, Deane is evidence to support what I've said all along: The Klipsch forum has some outstanding people belonging to it and Mike Hurd and Deane are no exception. These two wonderful people were on personal business in Toronto last week, and already some 15 hours from their home in Thundaer Bay, Ontario, Canada. They had the gumption to drive another 4 hours from Toronto to Detroit, Michigan and go through Customs just to come over and meet me and my wife Verna.

Here is a picture of Mike (on the right) and I in our home theater, which is nearly finished:

mike n glenn.jpg

Although Mike and Deane were here just two days, we took them to dinner for some bar burgers at our favorite little bar on the Detroit River, we took them to the Henry Ford Museum, to dinner in Greektown in downtown Detroit and a tour of the city and the Downriver Detroit Area including the island of Grosse Isle. We also took in a couple of movies in our home theater. I do not think you could meet two finer people than Mike and Deane. We are very thankful to them for driving all that way to spend some time with us. They will always be welcome in our home!

-Glenn (Picky)

2.gif

post-10177-13819254973692_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. I hate to admit it, but I can't wait to see what BBB does to our picture now that we've given up this "ammunition". 6.gif9.gif

I think it would be cool to see other members post photos of themselves and their friends and family with their equipment and in their listening/viewing rooms. 10.gif It's always nice to have a face to place with a name, even when it's a screen handle.

----------------

On 5/12/2004 11:19:48 AM avman wrote:

here's a shot of me and SWMBO in Mexico last summer.
10.gif

avman.
----------------

How long did it take to get those "corn-rows" done?!

I bet I could uninstall and reinstall my whole system in less time!! LOL 3.gif

avman: Wow! You really do know how to live! Nice room! I've seen that cool theater carpet before and I know that it is not cheap! Nice! As for the cornrows, I guess based on my ugly mugshot with Mike, you can tell that cornrows are pretty much OUT for me! 9.gif Just hair alone would be nice......16.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2004 12:03:29 PM picky-picky wrote:

avman:
Wow! You really do know how to live! Nice room!

----------------

yeah-now if i could only spend time in it instead of working to pay for it(and so many other projects SWMBO keeps initiating).painting on mardi gras day!? just got the pool back up and running ($22K) and now it's a new fence. i told her that we need to take a break after the fence is done-and i really mean it 11.gif

avman.

avman: Wow, man! Lot's of "honey-do's"!9.gif I get them too, but it seems things have changed a bit since we've both gotten older. We've been married now for 31 years and before it was sort of like your situation. But, now, we discuss all of the things we need to do collectively. We look at our finances and then decide together, which tasks to attack first and so-on. The big difference now is, she tends to help me actually work on each project more. She's always done a lot of work around the house, but rarely on the projects I am doing. But, she did a lot of work with me regarding the theater project, which is now nearly done. I could not have done it without her help. The other thing, is that many times it is MY idea to paint this, or fix that, etc. Whereas before, it was pretty much her that came up with the list of items to do. Either things have gotten better or else I have been re-trained and I am now, hoplessly Pu$$y-whipped??? 6.gif LOL I doubt that very much.2.gif She's the best! I wouldn't trade her for anything. But those new Klipsch THX are looking mighty good.....Hmmmmmm!11.gif-Picky 2.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2004 6:39:40 AM picky-picky wrote:

Thanks everyone. I hate to admit it, but I can't wait to see what BBB does to our picture now that we've given up this "ammunition".
6.gif9.gif

----------------

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now would I ruins a poyfectly good pitcha? 9.gif

picky micheal bugs2.jpg

nice work-BBB, but i was hoping you could show them what THEY would look like w/braided hair3.gif

picky-to be fair,SWMBO does most of the work-(she has more time off than i do),sometimes all of it(except the theater room,but she did tile and trim the bathroom,and helped decorate).she also contributes significant $$'s(most of the pool project). i just feel like if someone who does something for a living that needs to be done at my house,does it better than i do,and charges less per hour than i do,i am MAKING money doing my a/v installs,and getting a better tradesman job done at home vs.not doing my specialty work and mucking around w/projects at home.

regardless-I NEED A BREAK!!!!!!

avman.

BBB: I KNEW IT! Nice job. Thanks for being so kind. 10.gif

avman: You and I are a couple of lucky guys. But, I'm with you on the break, part! I need one, too! The entire month of June would be good....yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen! 9.gif

You should have kept that good old canadian boy for another week and had him fix and paint any vehicles in need . 2.gif

I've got way to many rigs to post pictures of them all, 5 rooms in all .

Here's a little sniff at my " old " theater room ( new one will contain a NEC front CRT on a 10ft screen .

This room uses 2 khorn mains , lascalas as rears , cf-7 center and a SW-300 and SW-15 subs ( 1-300 watt 1-800 watt ) 55" toshiba theaterview and 25k worth of rotel ss gear. 380wpc up front & 200wpc x 3 / rears & center .

This room smacks of high compression bass, i use dual phase coupled activators for digital bass restoration and full woofer extension. Main reason for building another room is i can " float " the ceiling tiles in the grid. Extreme room vibration to the next level ( very bad thing :) )

Those are quite likly the wildest looking khorns you've seen , with there dual headsets and riser bases. I'm like q-man and can't leave anything well enough alone .

DALE32.jpg

post-10527-13819254985582_thumb.jpg