I JUST CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT MICHAEL HURD OR THIS FORUM

picky

This picture is a little over a year old. it was taken when i was on deployment during Operation IRAQI Freedom onboard the USS Roosevelt. KInd of shows how big an aircraft carrier is. 6.gif and windy too. I believe we were going through the staits of gebralter. (spelling?)

101-0131_img.jpg

post-14416-13819254987172_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dantfmly: Nice pics! My coffee table kinda looks like yours with all the remotes, papers, magazines, etc on it. Glad to see i'm not the only one!

Dale walker: I might get out your way next year, I am hoping to visit some friends that moved to Hinton, AB. Maybe I could drop in and visit with yourself and lynnm.

----------------

On 5/12/2004 4:58:27 PM michael hurd wrote:

dantfmly: Nice pics! My coffee table kinda looks like yours with all the remotes, papers, magazines, etc on it. Glad to see i'm not the only one!

----------------

yeah i know my place get get to be a mess sometimes, but that is what happens sometimes when both you and your wife work during the week. neither one of you want to come home and clean after work. THanks for the compliment about the pics. I just wish i had a nicer setup to go in the pics. The next big purchase for the system will be a big screen tv of some sort. By that time plazma will be the stadard though. We are trying to be debt free in the next two years so things will be tight until then, but we will be debt free. Then its on with the big screen tv. then i will finnally have a home theater picture to go with the sound. 9.gif3.gif11.gif

DALE WALKER: Wow! You are right! Dems da craziest K-Horns I ever did see! Man, they are huge! 6.gif You appear to have one heck of a nice house if you have 5 rooms of the stuff. I bow to you, "Oh, great master of rigs!" 9.gif Very, very nice!

whell: Hey, right back at you! We are huge hockey fans at our house. My 84-year old mother even wears her own Shanahan jersey on game nights! And, although the Wings crapped-out in the second round, we certainly are enjoying watching Calgary kick San Jose's arses in Hi-Definition! Thanks for the kudos on the Y-Man's jersey. It's impossible to tell from the photo, but Stevie-Y signed it on the big, red number one. It is truly one of our treasured items. I like Yzerman because despite being a top-notch player, he is a genuine "team player" and he is the epitome of good sportsmanship, just as Detroit Tigers Alan Trammel and Al Kaline were in baseball.

dantfmly: Man, it's great to see a picture of a "fellow swabby" on the flight deck of the "Rusty Rosie"! Or, at least that's what we called her (the Roosevelt) when I was in the Navy about a milion years ago. 9.gif Anywho, that's a great picture. Thanks! As for your setup, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Your setup is fine. In fact, anyone who has spent time in the military, defending our freedom, while trying to raise a family and afford a few hobbies knows just how hard it is to come by affordable audio and video equipment. And, as exhibited in your pictures, I'd say you are doing quite well! I love all of the family pictures on the walls, too! 16.gif Remember: Better days are ahead, my friend. Hang in there!

-Picky 2.gif

MICHAEL : Don't do it man !!! You come out here and get one good sniff of those canadian rockies and you won't want to go home to the big city . lol

If you do come out , your more than welcome to come on over , lynnm lives closer to calgary then edmonton so he's likly 4 or so hours away.

Picky : Thanks 2.gif Ya seven feet of khorn is a bit overkill , but i use to love EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SPL when i was younger . Most of this stuff will reside within the HT relme now.

I've got another pair of black 1989 khorns upstairs on the KT-88 PP tube rig which is soon to be replaced with a 2A3 or 300B setup , i do a fair amount of cash work besides my normal job so audio systems seem to florish like flowers around my place if you know what i mean .9.gif

----------------

On 5/13/2004 11:03:45 AM picky-picky wrote:

DALE WALKER:
AW, Man! Awesome place, dude! You suck!
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> (I am so jealous)
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif">

----------------

If you like the front then this should make you cry !!

This is the addition i built last year ( may 2003 started ) the upstairs is an addition to my living room , which when complete will be 48 feet long buy 20 feet wide !!! tube stuff upstairs.

The basement addition is the new theater room , 24 x 20 with a 10 foot ceiling , i sunk this basement addition 4 feet lower than my existing basement and cut the stairs into the existing basement so i would not lose any floor space.

building0042.jpg

post-10527-13819254989282_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/13/2004 7:31:38 AM picky-picky wrote:

dantfmly:
Man, it's great to see a picture of a "fellow swabby" on the flight deck of the "Rusty Rosie"! Or, at least that's what we called her (the Roosevelt) when I was in the Navy about a milion years ago.
9.gif
Anywho, that's a great picture. Thanks! As for your setup, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Your setup is fine. In fact, anyone who has spent time in the military, defending our freedom, while trying to raise a family and afford a few hobbies knows just how hard it is to come by affordable audio and video equipment. And, as exhibited in your pictures, I'd say you are doing quite well! I love all of the family pictures on the walls, too!
16.gif
Remember: Better days are ahead, my friend. Hang in there!

-Picky
2.gif

----------------

picky: never heard that one we called her the big stick. But rusty rosie fits, like @#$ty kitty, stinkin lincoln. 3.gif9.gif . boy they do get really rusty after a cruise don't they. I'm not ashamed of my setup, i just will always have that bug to make it more. And right now i want a big screen almost bad enough i can taste it. A lot of people on this forum know what i mean. right now though. the only money i can put into the system is for upkeep. If anything breaks and i can't fix it, i can get something to replace it. I do it as cheaply as possible. Ebay is my life saver. 1.gif knock on wood i have not been burned yet, but i do it smartly. The resaon i am doing quite well is the fact i had it all before i met my wife, and until oct of last year i had not bought anything for the system since mar of 98. i met my wife then. 9.gif go figure. Before that i was living on cherios and water, but i had my tunes. 11.gif3.gif9.gif to quote jeff foxworthy. But i will be patient. i know some of you are older and have had time to build the mega systems you have, and i know i will be there someday. just wish i could have it now. 15.gif2.gif only nine years left until retirment, woo hoo, then i will try and make some real bucks. with a retirement check to go with it and be only be 37. (i was only 17 when i joined in 93)

picky and fini: thanks for the compliments for the pictures on the wall. yes i am a very proud and lucky man. especilly putting up with my hobbies, of both computers and A/V equipment. She does not understand why, but she is understanding. and helps me figure out how to afford it (sometimes). I love her very much. I love our son very much. He is now 3 1/2 and is growing up so fast.

I do need to have a dedicated a/v room though. all those pictures do a lot of rattling when i go to crank the system. 11.gif9.gif someday i will get around to figuring out a way to solve that. First though i need to buy a subwoofer cable. right now i have 3 cables joined together to make it the distance to where it is at. that might be a couple of paydays though. well sorry for being so long winded, but thanks for listening

DALE WALKER: Man, you certainly are ambitous! I like everything you have done and great idea making the basement deeper. With this old house of ours, I'm pretty much stuck with a 7-foot deep basement. But, I think we did okay with what he had to work with.

dantfmly: It sounds from your post that you and your family are on the right path. Let me just say for one, I'm really proud of you for what you are doing with the Navy to protect your country and you are a proud husband and family man trying to live within your means. I have a lot of respect for that. And, you are quite right; better times are ahead when you become a bit older as you'd said. Heck, look at me; I've had a few nice systems over the years just like you, and I waited my time. I waited until I was 51 to start building my theater project. So, better days are just over the horizon, my friend. Hang in there, Sailor!

cluless: Too Funny!!

I thought you all might enjoy a couple more pictures from Mike Hurd's visit to my house last weekend:

At the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan in front of the Allegheny Locomotive #1601:

the gang.jpg

From left: Glenn (Picky), Verna, Deane, Mike Hurd

Allegheny Locomotive

Built in 1941 and weighing in at 600 tons, this was one of the largest steam-powered locomotives ever built. Designed for pulling huge coal trains over the Allegheny mountains of West Virginia, this locomotive could reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour.

post-10177-13819254990212_thumb.jpg

Dale-

I have ALL of the aminal protection agencies hunting you down as we speak.

I have also enlisted a highly elite brigade of moles, voles, weasels, and other burrowing varmits to rectify the serious wrong-doing that you wrought against my favorite "long necks"....

So...you think that underground home theater is on the level...hahahahaha.......just wait until you get that "slow sinking feeling"....

Yup! This is Dales backyard, alright.

Time to get to work. He he he he he

caddyshack gopher.gif

I'm alright

Giraffes are alright with me

Why you got to gimme a fight?

Can't you just them X be?

2.gif x marks the spot

here spot , here spot