Dave F.

Ive been lurking in the forum for about 4 months now and decided to join in. I cant begin to tell you all how useful this information exchange is.

It all started with Dad and his Klipsch Horn copies. I say copies because I know that some in the forum are sensitive to the fact that there are factory built K-horns and then there are others. Although I have never heard factory built K-horns, I think the copies Dad had were as close to factory standards as anybody could get building them on their own. So let me be clear, Paul W. Klipshs name was sacred to my father. If he could have afforded to buy factory models he would have. However, I am here to tell you that his copies or knockoffs were the envy of the neighborhood.

Fast forward about 30 years and here I am starting to get involved with an old hobby again. Recently, with the help of this forum and a whole lot of research, I rebuilt one of my Dads K-horns (component wise) and built another one myself from the very beginning. Attached is a picture of the one I built. Let me give ALK crossovers a plug because I think Al definitely improved the crossover. And will the rope caulk people please take a bow because this mod is also a good one in my opinion. Thats all for now.

post-15233-13819255036342_thumb.jpg

Welcome. A great place to be.

So...did your build kick butt on your old mans's or is he still the master.

So you just got here, huh. Psst...lean in closer, anybody watching, no good, 'cause here's the deal, I'll give you $75 (heh,heh,heh) yes, that 's $75 for the pair and throw in three vestal virgins. That's right three. Do you know how hard it is to come up even one ordinary virgin these days.

Dave Welcome, nice picture of your knock off. At 7G/pair the real deals are a bit out of range for the ordinary folk..like me. Nor do I have room for a set of K-horns, now e-bay is a place for lurkers and posters to find some deals. Anyway welcome you've come to the right place.