Hello New to forum and Harmony caps question

HDM

Hi Guys

I've been reading here for some weeks and finally joined. I'm going to build the ALK XOs for my LAS and was wondering if anyone knows a supplier of Harmony Caps in Canada.

I was surprized to see Bob Crites here as I had bought a set of K75 diaphrams from him last year(off ebay) for a pair of Heresys I'd had for years. Thanks Bob. They are now my surround speakers.

Its a pleasure to read the posts here as everyone seems to be having such a good time and I really enjoy the "Cheap and Inovative Ideas" that so many have.

Thanks to All

Hugh Morrison

Hugh,

Welcome to the forum. You can get lots of ideas here on crossovers, both on the ALK's and others. At least two others of us here build and rebuild crossovers. Each of the three of us have different ideas on the parts to be used.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net

Thanks Guys

I decided on the ALK design as I can get all the parts (except the harmony caps) through my local parts supplier Munro Electronics. Also the posts about them seem very favourable.

And I wondered what happened to the parts dept at Sonic Frontiers. I guess I missed the link on the Anthem page.???? Its bookmarked now but they don't list harmony caps.

Would the Auricaps be a good substitute for the Harmonys? Any comments?

Thanks

Hugh

HDM,

The 1 uFd Harmony caps are not critical. You could even get away without the 1 uF connected across the 39 uF altogether. The one connected across the 6.2 uF in the tweeter filter is mainly there to make the value about 7 uF. Most any 1 uFd polypropylene cap will do. Just don't put paper in oil cap in there!

Al K.