Scorpions new album (unbreakable)

wheelman

The scorpions have a new one called unbreakable. I just love the older scorpions. This new one is not the wind of change crap. It is more like their older stuff. Giving they are still rocking is cool. I havent' heard the whole thing yet, but what i heard i liked. How about ( Can't live can't live without you) Nice choppy good old tune. What this new album has done. Is make me want to go out and buy all their classics.

Yeah, the "Blackout" album was definitely their best. My Uncle turned me on to them, I was into Van Halen, Ozzy, etc. at the time, and never heard anything like them. Blackout immediately became my favorite album, and about the only thing I listened to for a while after that. Ever since Love at First Sting (which was an excellent album), I haven't really liked much of their stuff, but maybe I'll give the new album a shot. I also like Animal Magnetism and Lovedrive.

Believe it or not some of what i heard rocked. Unbreakable for example has that great crunchy rythm their known for. Go on their website and you can sample the new tracks. Much like amazon.com which i think they are in cahoots. PLus there is a cool interview video with riffs from the new album which sounds great. I just love their crunch.

----------------

On 5/18/2004 9:34:09 PM wheelman wrote:

Believe it or not some of what i heard rocked. Unbreakable for example has that great crunchy rythm their known for.

----------------

Sounds like this one may be worth checking out. I made the mistake of buying thier "Eye II Eye" album, and it SUCKD!!. It was horrible! I am so glad that I only paid a couple bucks at the thrift store for it. I would've even been pissed more if I paid full-price for that! The sound can be best described as "Scorpions-turned-Backtreet Boys". I am going to try to unload that back to the thrift store. Maybe I can at least get a buck or two back from the $5 I spent on it.

Sounds like they are going back to thier roots with this new album. The kind of sound that made The Scorpions who they are. I've heard one track from this album on the XM-41 "Boneyard" channal on XM Radio and I really liked it. I don't recall what the title of the track was, though, but it definitly sounded old-skool Scorpions, which is what I really liked.

To Add: I went back and listened to that "Eye II Eye" album again just to confirm, since it was a while since I listened to it.

Yep, it does pretty much suck. I cannot even sit through any of the first four tracks. Track 3, "Obession" sounds like somthing ripped right off an N-Sync album 14.gif. At least there are some tracks on there that are pretty decent:

Track 5 - Mind Like a Tree

Track 8 - Skywriter

Track 9 - Yellow Butterfly

Track 12 - Du Bist So Schmutzig

Track 13 - Aleyah

Track 14 - A moment in a million years (Actually a quite beautiful ballad)

Some of the other tracks are tolarable, such as "Freshly Squeezed" and "Priscilla" Other tracks, such as the aformentioned "Obssession" as well as "What U give U get back" just plain sucked. Who is this? Back Street Boys? I thought I bought a Scorpions album here!

Okay, maybe 6 decent tracks for the $5 I paid for this thing is not bad, but still. This is definitly not the Scorpions sound I expected. Still, 6 tracks out of the 14 total is not good, and something I certainly would've not paid full-price for. There are many CD's I have that has more tracks than that in which I can sit and listen to from the very first note of the first track to the final fade-out of the last track, and love every minute of it. Kamelot's Karma or Laguna Coils' Comalies albums are two that comes to my mind.

Yes, I am looking forward to getting to hear this new "Unbreakable" Album, though. According to Amazon, is not due to be released until 22nd of June. Now, I just wish Amazon would hurry up and send me the damn "Seige Perilous" and "Forth Legacy" albums that I've ordered three weeks ago! Both of these are by Kamelot.

An additional Addition: 1.gif

I went and checked out the samples as "Wheelman" has suggested, and I like what I hear on that new album. Now, a 30 second clip does not always give you enough to fully appreciate a piece of music, but it did give me enough of a "feel" for the music. This definitly sounds like the Scorpions that I so fondly remembered. Some of the tracks, such as track 9, "Through My Eyes", I cannot wait to hear cranked up on my Klipsch! According to both Amazon, and the Scorpions' own website, the US release is not until June 22nd. However, the album has been out in Europe since the 3rd of May (which I guess is where XM Radio got a hold of a copy to play on thier Bonyard channal). If you cannot wait until the 22nd of June, then get a European import copy.

So I went to a local music store at lunch, they didn't have the new scorpions but i did buy two other CDs...

Scorpions - Blackout

Ozzy - Diary of a Madman.

Oh the good-ol days when rock and roll was rock and roll. Life was good! 10.gif