Movie Theaters Give You The Creeps?

bchild311

I usually decide on going to a theater based on two things: a) "date night out" with the wife where we take in an early showing and then go for food & drinks afterwards. And B) if I feel that the movie can only be "experienced" on the big screen. Now, I might change my mind about that last criteria once I get my front projection system up & running. 1.gif

As for dealing with the theater itself....yeah, the people can be a PITA some times, but I've rarely been totally annoyed. I HATE STICKY FLOORS!! 7.gif And maybe it's my age, but one thing I enjoy about movies at home versus at a theater is being able to pause the movie SO I CAN GO TO THE BATHROOM!! 9.gif

Hey m00n - if you ever own a theater, here's a concept I want you to try. At random, pick out someone (preferably a responsible looking person) going into the theater, hand them a remote and tell them that at their discretion they may pause the movie once so folks like me can GO TO THE BATHROOM!! 9.gif

Tom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EAR: DITTO!

Lurch: Damn! You know your aircraft, dude! 6.gif

AVMAN: I was out on vacation the past few days but I did get the chance to watch the 'Eagles: Hell freezes over' and 'Peter Frampton: Live in Detroit' DVDs over the weekend that I'd picked up last Friday. They are both truely exceptional! In fact, I thought the 'Frampton' bested the 'Eagles', but they were both excellent. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations! Also, I discovered that the 'ZZ Top: Greatest hits' IS coming out on DVD after all during June. It was previously available only on VHS. I pre-ordered a copy of the DVD from Amazon and will have it some time next month. I also ordered a copy of '1941' in DVD, too! 2.gif

For the record, I never leave trash behind like so many other people. I dont know where the **** that trend started, but If I worked at a theater, I would start beating down people for that. Its just disrespectful because you know someone else has to pick up your ****. I dislike theaters too, but they do have better equipment generally. However because of the placement of the speakers, Virtually all of the surround sound aspects are lost so the movie sounds pretty bad. Most of the time they volume is not set right either. If theaters were smaller, they could control this much better. I for one and Im favor of smaller, more accurate and specific theaters. They could improve those damn seats too and start enforcing trash rules. But seriously who the heck eats at a theater? Between the price and quality of the food, there is no way I would eat that crap.