Heresy surrounds, much difference?

milton10

Hello everyone! I have Heresy mains with a matching alnico Heresy center speaker. I am using SB-1 speakers as surrounds (because they are small) but am wondering if I would notice much differce in sound if I use Heresy's all the way around. Any ideas?

Milton

Yes you will hear a difference especially in multi-channel music. You will have perfect timbre match throughout your system. That is ideal. Right now you have a similar situation as I do in that you are running a mixed set up and there are very stark differences in the sound of the Heritage vs. the Synergy, whether you go all Heritage or all Synergy is up to you but matching 5 or 6 identical speakers will yield the best results.

Or if you want a nice clean look you might look at the 1201's for rear surround speakers they will match very well with any of the Heritage speakers and with there grill in place they look very nice on a back wall let me know if you want pictures or info on them I have a set here ready for an install next week and I had great pleasure burning them in for the install they are simply amazing speakers for a Heritage install

Cheers