JBL Horns vs. Klipsch Horns

They just don't sound ummm. (let me make something up to describe this) open enough. Then I go to electronics stores and they have 1000 to 1500 dollar speakers that sound way better than my heresys. I just don't have the proper room for the heresys. Then I went to SheltieDaves and his heresys sounded like khorns compared to mine.

----------------

On 5/23/2004 7:18:20 PM v3pcbl wrote:

RDMARSiii,

Can you really add the k28 woofer, and that alone take the Heresy (or heresy2) down to 39hz?? If so, I'm going to do this. THis sounds too easy to be true. Tell me its true!

----------------

I talked to someone who works for Klipsch, and they said that it is a drop in upgrade, and it sounds great. Im gonna do this too. He said the Heresys really go down to 39 hz.

Well I moved the left heresy and the sound got a lot better but still wasn't enough of an inprovement. I guess I may start looking at some a/d/s stuff to replace the heresys. I wish I had a better room cause they sure did sound awesome at Dave's house. I can find the L1290's or the L1590's for about 500 to 800 and I would have some speakers that could stand up to khorns IMO. Sounds like a really good deal to me. Does anybody know of any EXTREMELY powerful amps to look at if I do make the switch?

Thanks,

Taylor15.gif

----------------

On 5/23/2004 9:26:01 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Another idea is to look into getting a pair of those KLF-C4s, i think thats what theyre called. I heard that they give the Khorns a run for their money, but Im not sure.

----------------

I'm trying to get away from horns until I have a better room.

----------------

On 5/24/2004 3:30:56 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Methinks he's been influenced by some know nothing blosenik who convinced him that horns don't sound as good as junk.

Rick

----------------

Really nobody influenced me to do this. What did it was those stupid Dynaudios at Music For Pleasure.

----------------

On 5/24/2004 8:37:00 AM sunnysal wrote:

HOWEVER, certain speakers WILL perform better in smaller rooms, so I disagree with the previous poster. Tony

----------------

That is true, HOWEVER, he said that he would stay away from "horns" until he gets a better room. If his room is inappropriate for a Heresey, then there will be many speakers that won't perform their best in that room, horn loaded or not.

I don't think that the heresys are tall enough for the room and then if I put them on stands there wouldn't be any bass. Then I would have to get a subwoofer and everything gets really complicated. I thought about it for a while and it sounded a lot easier to go the easy way and change the speakers. It isn't like I'm downgrading my system it will probably sound twice as good as it does now. a/d/s speakers sound very light and crisp. It makes music sound the way it should and when you want them to they can SLAM.

What makes more since keep the heresys or get a WAY better pair of speakers IMO.