Anyone Buying Return Of The King at midnight??

Hyabusha

Well, I did buy the movie Tuesday morning on the way down to the outer banks in North Carolina. I only finally got back last night. The outer banks are friggan awesome!

Anyway, yes, we (I was with three of my friends) did watch Return of the King while there in the outer banks. That sorry, crappy $50 Wally*World surround-sound setup they had there in that house just did not do this movie justice. I sat there most of the time thinkg, "Man, this would sound so awesome on my own system! I cannot friggan wait to watch it at home".

This upcoming Saturday (The 5th), I'll be hosting a LOTR marathon. I've had some of my friends asking me if I was going to do one, since everybody seems to want to watch it at my place (Gee, I wonder why? 11.gif).

...Having niece, nephews, and neighbors over on Memorial Day for a trilogy viewing. Lots of popcorn, chips, veggies, and fruit all ready to go.

I'll leave the silly car race to those who like to look at things going in circles again, and again, and again.... I guess you need to be drinking a lot of beer to get the full effect

14.gif

----------------

On 5/24/2004 3:44:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

I will not say its better than FOTR or TT but its on par...and since its new...I may hype it a bit.In the end the trilogy of the Lord of the Rings will be a grand success.Nothing less

I can dream

----------------

I dunno, For surround/ambience the Fellowship of The Ring was choice. When it came to all out bass or extreme deep bass, I found the Return of The King for choice. I know you might mention the shock wave on the first chapter of FOTR or even the Belrog scene. But the Tower Crash (near the end)in ROTK is just sickening, a real subwoofing finale. A dynamic swoop of 14hz sub-atomic power.

Besides, the Battles in ROTK as you said are a site to behold. The trilogy is something that will be remembered forever in movie history.

----------------

The trilogy is something that will be remembered forever in movie history.

----------------

I never thought I would see the day when "the trilogy" would mean not only the LOTR books (known for most of my life as "The Trilogy"), but also these films.

I kind of assumed that title would go to the original 3 Star Wars, but when Lucas seemed to have been replaced by a clone who had forgotten how to make a terrific story with his visual effects (one word: Ewoks) and start pandering to the mass merchandising machine instead, the vacancy was there for Peter Jackson to fill.

... and the 2 minute battle between Dooku (don't even care if I spelled it correctly) and Yoda did not ultimately redeem the snooze-fest and wooden acting of Episode 2. I have told acquaintances for a couple of years now that I wish Lucas would just tell us how it's supposed to end, instead of dragging us through another debacle, and wasting the talents of hundreds of film-makers.

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 5/24/2004 1:03:11 PM TheEAR wrote:

----------------

On 5/24/2004 11:13:46 AM Cleve wrote:

----------------

On 5/24/2004 10:38:06 AM TheEAR wrote:

Yeah me too
2.gif
Great movie,make that awesome sight and sound

----------------

Waitamminit! EAR, ya rotten bastid, you! (jk) I thought you already had your copy, you lucky dog!?

9.gif9.gif

BTW, if you can get your copy early, more power to you! I would too if I could!

----------------

YEP I do,go get yours as soon as you can.Your system will be put to the test

1.gif

----------------

I'm hoping that when my McIntosh MC2205 arrives this Tuesday(with luck), and I get it hooked up to the CF-4's, that ROTK will sound extra spectacular at full power! Especially those catapult impacts!