John Albright.......Decca Question

artto

Anyone else feel free to chime in on this.

John, a while back you mentioned you have friend who "swears by the Decca phono pickup". I am considering buying a Decca Jubilee (and possibly a SME V to go with it). I've used Decca Plums on & off for many years primarily in a SME III with large damping paddle & sometimes a Decca International unipivot, both on a Linn LP12 TT. The Decca distributor seemed rather upset that I was using a Linn with the Decca. Said, "it will mistrack & ruin your records. Any suspension type table is bad for the Decca, but especially the Linn." He is currently using a SME IV so apparently the tonearm choice is OK.

I have NEVER had ANY tracking problems. The distributor seemed to think I was "doing something wrong" to achieve this. Personally, I think the guy must be an idiot as he couldn't really give me any reason except that the arm/pickup/TT combination has a resonance at 16Hz, which I find hard to believe. This combo even tracks the Telarc 1812 cannon shots & Sheffield Lab 'Track Record' with no problems as far as I can tell.

Was just wondering what your friend's (or anyone else's) take on this is.

Best deca i ever found was durabolon ( nandrolone decanoate ) it will take the skip out of your step . 2.gif

Our highschool football / strength training coach use to doal this stuff out like it was free . It's no wonder i was 5'11" 245lb's with a 30" waist at age 19 .

Woops !! forgot this was an audio site . 6.gif

----------------

On 5/26/2004 3:05:55 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

Best deca i ever found was durabolon ( nandrolone decanoate ) it will take the skip out of your step .
2.gif

Our highschool football / strength training coach use to doal this stuff out like it was free . It's no wonder i was 5'11" 245lb's with a 30" waist at age 19 .

Woops !! forgot this was an audio site .
6.gif

----------------

Dang!!!!!6.gif