Updated System Pics

cjgeraci

Sweet. I love classe stuff. Have you heard about the new line of components they are coming out with? Their website has a hint of it on the start page. It's a brand new redesign with looks to kill for and each component has a blue digital touch screen for navigation that can be programmed. It also has RS232 connection to a PC so you can upgrade or download new software and content. Sick as hell and built like a tank. I had the chance to listen to the new cd player and integrated amp rated at 100 wpc. Sounded awesomely smooth and powerful. They wilkl be in some serious competition with Mark Levinson and Krell at cheaper prices. Their omega series monoblocks are already pretty crazy...

The unit barely raised off of the floor is my Classe pre/pro, a SSP 30,Mk II. Like I have said before, I really, really love this pre/pro. My local dealer happened to have one demo left prior to their receipt of all of the newer models. I have not heard the new Classe stuff yet, but it should be sweet!!!

Oh, the SVS 20-39PCi sits on top of its bigger brother, a SVS PB2-ISD. That way I have three matched twelve-inch drivers, stacked and basically running as one unit. I do not really need that much for music, but they are nice for movie sound effects (i.e. depth charges in U-571).

The Rotel amps are on a rack behind the TV.

Carl.

----------------

On 5/31/2004 5:26:22 PM HondaRacing wrote:

btw try to spread the front mains out as far as possible

----------------

Yeah, like everything else, I have compromises with this room. The RF-7s were spread out further at one time, but my primary concern now is to help cut down on any first reflections. Even with good panels up, I am trying to be careful. Therefore, I am sacrificing the distance between the two mains in favor of having them far enough out from the wall (on the sides). Both measurements are within Klipsch recommendations, but it could be better......

I will probably experiment a little yet because I just recently turned the whole room. Thanks for the suggestion.

Carl.

The white things on the wall are wall treatments from a company called RealTraps - www.realtraps.com. The company was started by two musicians. Basically, the wider thicker ones are called minitraps. Those are covered, treated, compressed fiberglass panels, mounted in a frame. When you put them in corners (or put space/air behind them), it allows both sides to be effective for soundwave absorption, and in effect, the panels act as basstraps. This helps flatten and smooth out your bass response, and helps prevent bass from pooling in areas of your room. I currently run four basstrap panels. I also run two other white panels from RealTraps - called microtraps, which are also compressed fiberglass panels. They help absorb and diffuse the mids and highs in the room so you don't have a lot of your stuff bouncing and bouncing off of the hard surfaces (angles of first reflection, etc.) The microtraps compliment the other tan panels, which are also compressed fiberglass meant to handle the highs/mids.

Out of all of my upgrades (speakers, amps, separates, mod crossovers), treating the room like this made the largest difference in the quality of my sound.

Carl.