Aragon Stage One on audiogon

damonrpayne

The Price looks fantastic..........the seller has a few Good ratings. Are Aragon Warranties transferable? If so I think that would be a great deal.

IMHO................... this is compared to the 3,900 price on Audio Advisors site............Good Luck!

Be advised that there are certain incentives from Klipsch that are allowing dealers to sell this unit considerably below its $3900 MSRP, just AA is not allowed to advertise anything lower online. So, I would check with an autorized dealer before purchasing a used one. The warrantee policy should be the same as Klipsch's..no warrantee unless purchased from authorized dealer and no transfer of warrantees.

JR

----------------

On 5/31/2004 6:17:57 PM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

Be advised that there are certain incentives from Klipsch that are allowing dealers to sell this unit considerably below its $3900 MSRP, just AA is not allowed to advertise anything lower online. So, I would check with an autorized dealer before purchasing a used one. The warrantee policy should be the same as Klipsch's..no warrantee unless purchased from authorized dealer and no transfer of warrantees.

JR
----------------

J A P, If I am not mistaken, AA is an authorized dealer.............so maybe, if we called them, we could get the Unit Considerarbly below its retail price? Also thanks for the warranty information...........Regards.

I love used audio equipment, unlike a car, the quality audiophile pieces do NOT rapidly depreciate year after year, only when you first drive them off the lot, given inflation, you should be able to use that unit for several years and sell it for what you paid for it (as long as Aragon remains popular).

16.gif

----------------

On 6/2/2004 12:43:15 AM skillet2003 wrote:

I found the Aragon Stage One new at hificity.com for 2599, only a bit more than you found yours, not sure if this a good deal enough for you or even if hificity.com is an authorized dealer. Does anyone know?

----------------

If they're selling it online and advertising it below MSRP, odds are, they're not an authorized dealer.

Griffinator is correct, I posted something along those lines in the Aragon forums a few weeks ago, check that thread. If you call an unauthorized dealer the conversation will go something like this:

Me: Are you authorized to sell Aragon?

Them: Oh, don't worry we have our own warranty

Me: But is that as good as Aragon's warranty?

Them: Look at our Yahoo! merchant rating.

Me: I dunno about this...

Them: OUR PRICES ARE CRAZY!@#!@# WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!

(click)

An authorized dealer can sell as low, but usually only when sold with other equipment. Sooner or later this whole "autorized dealer" issue is going to blow up on manufacturers either through a private, or government lawsuit. It basically amounts to "restraint of trade" practices that were prohibited by a court decision about 20 years ago that blew away the "fair trade" laws and concepts.

Jerry Rappaport