Moving Time

Well looks like everything is a go for our move to Idaho. This is a major change in our lives. Our Girls hate us because they will both be seniors next year and they have grown up going to our town schools. My boys are cool with it so that makes it a bit easier. But it is always difficult to move away from friends and family when you are so use to the way life is.

But this is a good move all the way around from our standpoint. We sold our home in 5 days and made enough to pay off all of our bills and put down almost half on the new home, plus money in the bank. To me that makes a good move.

Now here is the good stuff ( there's a lot of good stuff but here is the really good stuff). Our new home is 3600 sqft.and has a huge basement just ripe for a new home theater. The basement is completely finished with 2 bedrooms in it and the open area for the home theater is a wopping 30x40, the other 3 bedrooms are upstairs on the main floor.

I have always wanted a huge room for a HT and this fits the bill to a tee. So we are exiting California June 30th and will be setting up shop in Twin Falls.

Of course now I will have to consider all the room acoustics and do what is need to perfect my sound. And sinse I will have true corners OMG maybe I will get some Khorns and use my La Scala's for the surrounds.

Exciting times ahead. Now if I could just figure out how to keep my girls drugged for the next year it might be easier...Naw. I think I'll let them feel what reality really means.

Scooter

Wow, big move! As you may know, I'm up in Rohnert Park, and yeah, prices around the Bay Area have skyrocketed. Where in the SFBA are you? I have a feeling home prices may settle back down in a year or two, so now's as good a time as any to get out. Idaho is gorgeous. Got any photos of your new house, and surrounding property?

Best of luck to you and your family!

SCOOTERDOG: Yeah, I wish you and yours all of the best! Moves are a usually a real bi-otch, especially when you have to PO'd teenagers sitting in the back seat. We moved from Michigan to Nevada and back to Michigan years ago. I hope that was the last time, too. Idaho is really an awesome place. I hope all goes well and safe! I'm with fini: Got any pics of the new place yet?

Fini,

I live over in Antioch,East Bay.

No pictures yet but once we get all settled in I will post some, especially of the new HT room.

Yeah this is a big move and has kept me busy for the last 2 months just getting our house ready to sell and of course all of the packing we have been doin. This has put a cramp on my music listening and movie watching lately not to mention my minimal input on my favorite board.

Will keep you all abreast as we move closer to move time.

And yes, Idaho is a beautiful place.

Thaks guys!

Scooter

----------------

On 6/4/2004 1:35:28 AM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

Well looks like everything is a go for our move to Idaho. So we are exiting California June 30th and will be setting up shop in Twin Falls.

----------------

Great, Scooter -- I grew up in Boise and have been going back every summer for over a decade. Many great drives, though distances are sometimes long: City of Rocks, a wild place scenically and national draw for rock climbing, is not far from TF; Craters of the Moon, Sun Valley, Galena Pass and the Sawtooths; Lemhi Pass, the Beaverheads and Bitterroots in case the History of Lewis and Clark's first crossings of the Continental Divide interest you and your family; Hell's Canyon (farther away on rough roads, via a beautiful drive through McCall and down the Little Salmon to get there!) and Bruneau Canyon (closer, just off better, "improved" roads), etc.

Good luck and happy move!

Larry