Bill....I'm going to AR to checkout the Rosewood

Gilbert

Wooohooo!

The office is sending me tomorrow to the Twin Cities, and on Thursday morning, they're sending me to Little Rock, AR. Is that luck or what!

My work in AR shouldn't take more than a couple hours, so I called Jim, and set up time when he could show me his Rosewood Heritage. That's Rosewood in 2 flavors 3.gif, Khorns and Heresy's I'll take plenty of pictures and post a few of them when I return.

See ya.

Well since Gilbert my bro-in-law is probably on travel right now I can answer that for you. He is a Structural Engineer, you go bro! For what the guy is asking I would expect that they do not even have dust on them unless it was 24kt gold dust.

Bill:

I met with Jimmy (aka Taxman) and took some photos of the Rosewood. He seems to be a very nice person, and he's quite hyper and seems to always be on the go go go.

His rosewood Khorns are nice, but that water stain uuhg! Some bonehead attempted to fix it, but screwed the pooch by localizing the sanding effort to one spot. I don't think the stain was that bad originally, but he made it worse by trying to fix it. The graining of the Khorn rosewood veneer is beautiful, but not what I'm looking for. In any event his asking price of $4k is....well you all know.

His rosewood Heresy's are IMO to die for. The wood grain is similar to mexico's Cocobolo. Well pronounced, it is the type of grain I prefer. But the asking price of $3k...I told him he'd never get it. Anyway, he's not the interested in selling the Heresy's, but he is looking for a pigeon, Ooops, I mean buyer for the Khorns.

OK, here we go.....I don't know how to post pic's directly to the thread so here they are 1 at a time. Sorry.

Here we go.......

post-12381-13819255891986_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the photo quality, but the environment that those heritage were kept in would make you guys cry. They're kept in a home that use to belong to his grandfather, and is now used for storage. It is NOT climate controlled, and it was hot that day...so you can imagine.

I literally had to walk over and duck under crap just to move around ANYWHERE in that house. There are rodent droppings on the back of the Khorns. I wanted to cry.

My God, the whole house was an absolute pig stye. I wanted to rescue those poor speakers.

But Jimmy is firm, though not realistic on his price. I actually liked the guy, he seems very nice, but I know he's just looking for a sucker.

Sad very Sad that they are in that condition. And i am Sorry that i didnt go and look at them myself before passing the info along. In the future i will go and look at anything that may interest someone and will take pic's myself. He told me he was offered $3800 for them; then he is a fool for not taking it as he will never get his asking price for them. Bill