Info on Cornwall Speakers

My late husband had a pair of Cornwall speakers Type CBR built in 1980. They are in excellent condition. Superb sound. Unfortunately, they will not fit in my home. I would like to sell them. I downloaded the general info from your site. Any info on pricing would be appreciated. Thanks, SF

Depends on the market in your area. You could list them in the paper or try and sell them on E-bay.

Can you take any digital pictures of them? That will help us determine a ballpark $ amount.

Where in the US are you? Could be someone here on the BB is interested...

Summer is not the best time of the year to sell ... too many people at the beach or cottage. If you can wait till September, things pick up then.

This is a good place to sell if you are patient ... eBay is hit and miss.

The issue with the Cornwalls is the shipping cost. They have typically sold in the $750 to $1000 range/pair depending on condition and location.

I don't go to the beach, nor have a cottage, so I would be in the market for Cornwalls. However, they would have to be a local pickup, or basically in Wisconsin. I keep dreaming that I will find a pair at the next garage sale. I think one more pair of speakers in this house will mean I'll be looking for "my own" new digs!

In the old days, you only had the local paper. With the internet, you can reach more people and still have a local sale. The price variances listed above is a good start. Good luck!

NP - Bozzio Levin Stevens - Black Light Syndrome

----------------

On 6/14/2004 10:35:32 PM Number 9 wrote:

Summer is not the best time of the year to sell ... too many people at the beach or cottage. If you can wait till September, things pick up then.

This is a good place to sell if you are patient ... eBay is hit and miss.

The issue with the Cornwalls is the shipping cost. They have typically sold in the $750 to $1000 range/pair depending on condition and location.

----------------

No ofense but I think $750-1000 is a little sttep. Well perhaps on eBay if mint. I really doubt you'd comman that much around here though. Forum members are cheap sob's. Of course it's all subjective in nature. Hit or miss on the bay. Prices are very seasonal, as well as location and condition dependent as mentioned above.

I would say that $550-850 is more realistic currently. Unless of course they are flawless and/or they have a really nice finish like jorjen's, garymd's, or the pair fini sold recently.

I saw a pair sell on eBay about a month ago for almost $1K. But pretty much everything you've said holds true. Location, timing, condition, number of people looking, alignment of stars - all come into play. And yes, I would agree, most here seem to want their toys for cheap.

Ms. Smissionfield,

Sorry about your husband's passing. Hopefully you both enjoyed the Cornwalls for many years together! I'm a current Cornwall owner and lover and would love to get a second pair to match mine for an awesome home theatre setup.

I Would be interested in the pair you have for sale. Please load a photo on this site if possible and give your best asking price and location (as shipping is very expensive, most Klipsch lovers prefer to personally transport speakers they have purchased semi-locally)

Thanks

Michael

• Like 1

Ms. Smissionfield,

Pleas accept my condolences as well. I might also be interested in your speakers, although I live in California. Would you be willing to ship? If so, please forward me the pictures and serial numbers as well.

Regards,

Mike Breneman